Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Folklore - PS3

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Still haven't picked up a copy. The shop where I can get it for (relatively) cheap hasn't received shipments yet. I did take a peek at the demo, and it sure looked like it's a very atmospheric, stylistically unique adventure. Not wanting to spoil too much, I only played the demo for a few minutes.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a copy, tried it for a bit and so far, first impressions are DAMN GOOD. The crackhead reviewers who gave this game 60% or less can eat shit and die. Go play your 50th rehashed iteration of Madden NFL and choke on Halo episode XIII, numbskulls.

Got a copy yet, DC?

Oh, I'm perfectly calm, by the way

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been playing this for some hours today as well. And this definitely isn't bad. The one thing that the reviewers are probably right about is how the two characters playing through the same areas can be annoying. However, you don't have to do this back to back. Allright, so you have to play through both character's chapters in order, but after each one you have a choice whether you want to continue with the same character or start the other one's chapter. So apparently you can play through all the chapters of one character first, and then do the other character's afterwards if you wish. This way you don't play through all levels two times back to back which seems is what all the reviewers have been doing as that was their biggest complaint. Myself, I'm up to chapter four now with one character and have only played through the prolouge of the other, and I think this will work much better.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I've thought about alternating between the two characters at first, but I think it'll be a better experience if I just finished one storyline first before starting with the other.

Only on chapter 2 now. I'm really digging the atmosphere.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharingan View Post
    Got a copy yet, DC?
    Nope, unfortunately Amazon send me mail that the game is delayed and that I'll have to wait until mid November. I couldn't get it at Play.co.uk, as they don't ship to Luxembourg. I want the game in english, not in german or french as the voice output is often very miscarried.

And I don't know if the game itself is multilingual or region based? If anyone knows, let me know, so I can still cancel my order and get it in a shop right here.

EDIT: I just opened a package from Amazon which I got last WE, and there it is, so their mail about the delay was wrong.
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 22nd October 2007 at 21:15.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apparently, downloadable content will become available in the future, of which one package has already been released on the Japanese PSN. This package, at only 24MB, contains quests, as well as an extra useable Folk and an extra costume. It appears that it's a free download, as well.

The developers confirm that there will be six such packages in total.

Whether they'll be free for the rest of the world remains to be seen.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are most PS3 downloads currently free? Or are they charging for them? And who is controlling the charges? Sony or the game developer?

I personally think that downloads for a game should be free as a thank you to the customers who bought a game. Only full expansion packs that add a lot more levels/areas/content to a game should cost money to download.

Also I was wondering something about the PS3. How can you backup the HD? To an external USB one?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also I was wondering something about the PS3. How can you backup the HD? To an external USB one?
    Yep, but only FAT32 is supported, so keep it low. It won't let you backup everything, and you can't use the files on another PS3.

A good idea is to make 2 user accounts, and fake one in the US. You must have a valid zipcode and you give any information you want like:

Paul Smith
    Acacia avenue, 712
    Palm Springs
    FL, 30847
    (only an example, don't try it)

Now with that account, you can enter the US download section, which is a lot bigger than the one in the EU. Like that you can d/l every demo you want and are not restricted to the EU only demos. Try it out, the PSN shop is also slighly different.

They have a demo of the new Ratchet & Clank game which is very impressive, we don't have it yet.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is interesting that they are allowing multiple accounts to work like that. I'm surprised they didn't lock the PS3 into only being able to access its own region PS3 content, although Sony do seem to be slowly going towards region free content. The PSP is completely region free for it's games for example. Are PS3 games region encoded?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are PS3 games region encoded?
    No, but unfortunately some online shops do still not send you the games if you live outside the country, like play.co.uk.