I hadn't run Zinc in quite some time and stumbled across my rom set for it the other day, so thought I would give it a play.

Last time I was running it was soon after its release in early 2005, and I think initially I might have been running it on an Athlon XP system, and then on an AMD64. I remember Zinc managing around 30-40fps a lot of the time during emulation (60fps being full speed), so there was some slowdown and stuttering, but the quality of the emulation was good.

You might know that Zinc's development stopped because its code was integrated in MAME and all Zinc's games are now supported and emulated by MAME. However MAME's focus is on accuracy of emulation of the original machines, so the games still don't run as well or as smoothly as they did in Zinc, so there is still a place for it.

Anyway... I fired it up on my main PC and I was pleased to discover that Zinc runs perfectly on newer systems. And it didn't have any framerate issues compared to the hardware I was running it on originally. All games ran at 60fps without a single dropped frame and the games all ran as they should. Great fun to see the arcade originals of games like Soul Edge and Tekken 3 running perfectly.

If you still have Zinc somewhere give it a run on your current PC. Definitely worth it.