OK just wondering. I remember when UAE first hit the scene, it was pretty terrible, I remember also thinking WOW emulation sucks, no wonder, how can a crappy PC EVER emulate the superior AMIGA and it's custom chipset. Back then I had an AMIGA A1200 with 030 CPU @ 50mhz (if I recall correctly) and thought emulation was useless.

Well over the years of course we all know what happened............
As for me due to bad times etc I no longer have ANY original Amiga hardware save an CD32. A few years ago I revisted the Amiga emulation scene and was pretty damned impressed how far it had progressed, hell last year I even bought the latest version of AMIGA FOREVER package and don't regret it. So for me it is simple, lack of real hardware and the prices I cannot afford for real hardware these days, at the very least I can return to the Amiga OS, run some great games etc.

Anyway those are my reasons for emulating Amiga, I was wondering why others might be doing it? Just for games or are there serious uses for an emulated Amiga? Anyone using emulation as a substitute for the real thing? Anyone doing anything serious like art/animation video work? Can these things even BE done with an emulated Amiga? I would really like to know! THANKS!