Thread: Roger dean art

Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Roger dean art

I was looking through some websites and I stumbled across the Roger Dean homepage. For anyone who dosent know he is the artist that did a heap of yes and asia album covers, but we can forgive him that cos he was also responsible for the fantastic artwork of psygnosis game covers too:
    Shadow of the beast 1 & 2
    Baal
    Agony
    Menace
    Ork
    and a few others, plus he was the artist that came up with the Psygnosis owl design. Cool eh?
    Anyhoos, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could pick up a shadow of the beast poster from. I have searched but cant find one anywhere - I think its his best work.
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You forgot to give the link! It's http://www.rogerdean.com/

I always loved the Psygnosis logo, and their game artwork. Such a shame their unique style had now been replaced with the comparatively bland Studio Liverpool.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Psygnosis definitely had one of the nicest logos of any Amiga developer.

BTW, I mentioned a while back that a friend of mine did the artwork for a few Amiga games. Among them he did Gunship 2000 and Return of the Jedi. I will post some images of his work if you are interested? Or you can also look at his portfolio site, which I made for him a while back at http://www.steinarlund.com

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I found this webpage too - it has all of the psygnosis games listed and quite a few of them have cover art scans:
    http://www.psygnosis.org/games/
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Steinar Lund has some nice images.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm currently working with Steinar to update his portfolio site and bring it up to date with his latest work. He also said he is going to search through is older work and see if he still has any more of his artbrush artwork he made for more Amiga games.

I will let you know if he finds any and posts some of the images.

Also, if anyone is interested, he is going to be looking into selling the originals of this artwork in the near future. I may even advertise the for sale on classicamiga as I think that could be quite cool, having original boxart artwork for sale. I just hope it does hold the copyright to the originals and they were not signed over when he did the original commissions.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!