Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

Favorite PC intros

Hello all,

Lately it seems that most of my posts are over that Fallout project, perhaps giving the impression that I have nothing else on my mind.
    Well next to Fallout I also enjoyed a load of other games and sometimes look up the intros of games I liked a lot on Youtube

Here are a couple of my favorite;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SVVKQlwTUk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Ma7wL1vT4

Perhaps some of you can post yours
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Frontier: Elite 2 is one of my favourite intros, that was the same on the Amiga and PC. I can't believe one of the comments for this intro said the music was crap! Also watch the Intro remake someone has created which is also on youtube.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Favourite PC-game intros? Here's a few favourites of mine:

- The intro to Warcraft III

This one is full of atmosphere and incredibly detailed. Well worth watching. Would also like to mention that the cinematics throughout the game are excellent.

- The intro to Civilization and Civilization 4

Just have to mention the intro to the first Civilization game, even though I only played it on the Amiga. I have a hunch that the intro is the same on the PC. Also, the intro for Civilization 4 is pretty good.

- The intro for The Secret of the Monkey Island

There are probably several others I could mention, but I've enjoyed watching these ones. As for the one in Civilization, I guess it's not the most entertaining one, but I've included it because of the good memories I have from watching it the first times.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The intro of Warcraft III is truly awesome, but lately I have seen many breathtaking intros.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another PC game intro that cannot go without being mentioned has to be from Half Life. I love the intro sequence as you begin the game with you travelling along on the train, able to move around and look out at the landscape and then the tunnel system, but not able to do anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't remember the specific intro, but the story cut scenes from Giants: Citizen Kabuto are still enjoyable, to me, to this day.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I received a free copy of Giants with a graphics card I bought years ago, but for some reason I never actually played it. Was the game good? Would it still be worth playing?

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I received a free copy of Giants with a graphics card I bought years ago, but for some reason I never actually played it. Was the game good? Would it still be worth playing?
    If your talking about GIANTS - Citezens Of Cabuto (I think thats correct). THen I would say yes. I like you didnt play it, then remembered I had it, installed it and thought doh, why didnt i play this before. I like BOB, he is cool.
    On news of PSPUAE update on DCEMU came this reply, lol.

[quote=djk21108;]this will sure make that horace guy happy....[/quote]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will have to give it a play sometime then as I always see people mention it in forums, saying how good it was. I just hope my copy wasn't one of those that requires the exact graphics card it came with to run. I can always source another version if that is the case though.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, try Armed and Dangerous, its almost a sequel to Giants and its features the voice of Tony Todd (RIP).

Its just as hilarious.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]