Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn, I thought I had a good one.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe Sim Programmer might work.

You have to simulate learning to prgram, then program a program in the simulation... And what if the simulated program is a simulation??? Arrrrgh!!!!! Temporal Warp!
    This is not a signature

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Teletubbies Strip Poker
    Quote Originally Posted by HARRISON View Post
    Now that is just not an image I want in my mind! Thanks DC.

Although the Teletubbies don't really count because they didn't appear until 1997.
    Take a look at this then. look in the PD Games section at the bottom under T

Now that is just not an image I want in my mind! Thanks DC.
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or how about sport and racing spin offs of your favorite RPGs?

Ultima Racing, you beat the Guardian in battle, can you deal with him behind the wheel?
    Or how about showing King British whose the king of the racing track?

And of course Planescape Torment Racing, lets hope that just because you don't know who you are anymore, you don't know how to drive for the Planescape Cup.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Umm... sorry to have to do this again, but... racing games based on RPGs or RPG character have actually been created! Have a look at Chocobo Racing for a good example.

And Chocobo Racing, while panned by the press, wasn't actually that bad (I actually have a copy). Based on the Mario Kart/Crash Racing formula it is quite enjoyable to play, although it isn't as polished or as fun as the original SNES Mario Kart.

At least that one was created from the ideas of Chocobo racing already present in the Final Fantasy Games, whereas creating racing games just using the known characters from another frachise could end up being much worse. That was something developers were more likely to do in the 90's than now. Look at some of the dire racing games that appeared at the time such as Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing for a good idea of how to make a bad racing game.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Harrison,

Well, Japanese Action/Adventures have always been different from European RPGs.
    I think I would be more miffed if we did get racers based on classic Western RPGs.

As for Star Wars franchise, I think it is being raped to death.
    I loved the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games, I heard the X Wing/Tie Fighter games were good and there have also been good strategy games but there is a certain limit to which you can take this.
    Anyone remember the Streetfighter One on One Battle like SW game?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone remember the Streetfighter One on One Battle like SW game?
    Were you thinking of "Star Wars: Masters of Terras Kasi" on the PSX? I actually bought that game on release and although it received bad reviews I quite liked it. Maybe that was just because I'm such a SW fan.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to much that you are willing to forgive franchise games that are bad right?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing is I enjoyed the game so I don't personally think it was that bad, although I will say it wasn't on a par with the best 3D fighters at the time such as Tekken 2, Soul Blade and Virtua Fighter.

Many people say how bad all of the Star Wars based games have been over the years, but due to the number of games released there were bound to be some really bad ones mixed in with the good. Depending on the type of gameplay and style there are decent Star Wars games available on most platforms.

I loved the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games, I heard the X Wing/Tie Fighter games were good and there have also been good strategy games but there is a certain limit to which you can take this.
    X-Wing and Tie-Fighter were great games, and the updated X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter added multiplayer online gameplay way ahead of most other games. And the sequel X-Wing Alliance is even better and still worth playing if you haven't tried it yet, as it runs fine under XP and the graphics still look pretty good.

The Dark Forces games were also great, with the last improving the visuals by a long way.

Also you can't forget some of the great console games, such as the SNES platform series of Super Star Wars games, which were great SW based platform games. The N64 Racer, Rogue Squadron, and Shadow of the Empire, the NGC 's two Rouge Squadron sequels. Plus loads of other SW based games on the PC.

There are also a lot of great Star Trek games released over the years too.