Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Folklore - PS3

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is because Sony now police the movement of software for their systems and have warned stores about exporting/importing, which could lead to court action against them.

It's how Sony helped shut down Lik Sang after all!

That is the one aspect of Sony I don't like. The fact they are so big and own so many intellectual properties that they are constantly trying to control the market.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're totally right, that is one big negative aspect. I prefer the games in english, and on the PS3 most games seems to be multilingual, with even over 10 different languages. So I don't really care if I have a german or french game, or if a racing game is only in french/german.

But on the other hand I enjoy playing RPGs in english, mostly because of the bad voice output they give the games with german/french "actors". That is the main reason, otherwise I wouldn't care.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I played through the demo of Ratchet & Clank yesterday, and it's very impressive, big and colorful. It got only great reviews.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always found the Ratchet and Clank games fun, and this really does show a huge step up in the graphics that the PS3 can deliver. Looks really nice. Much darker and less cute and colourful.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    This screenshot is less colorful, but the city you start your journey in the demo, is very huge and colorful.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is good as I would want them to maintain the look of the series, but when in hostile areas/planets, based on that screenshot, I hope they have made them feel more foreboding.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Big laughs here. This afternoon I told Oz that a shop here still has the starter pack with 2 controllers and the 2 games. Then he got very excited about it, as he already wanted to buy a PS3 next month or so. He then phoned, but they didn't have the pack anymore. So he phoned to other shops, same result, only the smaller 40GB one.

10 minutes ago, he called Maxi Toys, I bought mine there, a huge shop for kids, and they still have one in stock. So now he's off work for an hour, and is going to pick it up

Btw, Zyriax also bought one.

Most satisfaction for me is, that probably Oz would have bought a 360 first, and not the PS3, but as he saw mine in action, and I showed him Ratchet & Clank today, he was so excited, he now must have one. I know how that feels, it's always the same with me.

up for the PS3.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that feeling very well too. When I want something I can't wait and have to have it yesterday.

The PS3 is definitely becoming a standard among everyone on the forum. I will definitely have to get one myself very soon.

Definitely seems that the PS3 is quickly becoming very popular now that a lot of game demos are finally available showing what it can really do, and the 360 is quickly being ignored and I've not heard mention of the 360 by anyone in the real world for a long time.