Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Pet Hates at Work

Something Harrison had said on one of the other threads hit a raw nerve.
    People who work hard can never win unlike the lazy buggers who can never lose.
    If you work hard and your standards slip for a min, managers can be on you like a ton of bricks.
    People who are crap, lazy or both tend to get ignored.
    Nobody relies on them because it's not worth it.
    Then when they do something once in a while, the managers are chuffed.
    Perhaps the managers should earn their corn and get these buggars to perform on a regular basis.
    The rest of us wouldn't have to push ourselves quite so much.

Anyway, lets hear your work rants here.
    Specific individuals in work (Probably shouldn't include their full or real name here) or just general pet hates, let's feel your pain.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my pet hate? Moronic customers. But,seeing as I deal with the general public...I have no choice
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    My pet peeve at work??? er... Work!!!

J/k actually it would be lack of appreciation for what you do. You work hard on a project, show it to the boss and they say 'yeah, that's great' and proceed to spend an hour discussing where to go for lunch!

Grrrr!!! Makes me wanna go home and play State of Emergency!!!
    This is not a signature

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well my main one has to be as you stated in the first post. The lazy buggers who do nothing and get away with it while you work hard, and then when you do take a moment you get pulled up for it.

Another is people who go early. If you don't have much work then no one minds you going a few minutes early in most companies (as long as you know your boss doesn't mind), but there are those who moan about the hours they have to work (the hours they are actually paid for) and yet they are lazy, do little, and try to get away with going early every night. This contrasts to the hard working people who would rather stay behind 2 minutes just to know the job is complete and finished (as I do). The lazy ones haven't ever actually thought about who will finish off and pick up the mess left behind them. It's all magic to them.

This leads me to those who have no pride in their work. They turn up, they do as little as they can get away with, watching the clock until exactly the time they can leave, they instantly drop whatever they are working on the moment the clock changes to the minute they can go home, and they are out the door. Without a care for the mess they have left a colleague to clear up behind them. These are the same people who will arrive at work and instantly complain that their work area is a mess! These people drive me mad and I know that the work would be done just as fast, if not quicker with them not actually being there.

Also I've found everywhere that I work that the people who moan the most in the work place are the worst workers there!

I've also seen little evidence of this "multi-tasking" ability that women claim they possess! Based on what I've seen over the years a woman will work hard until a friend brings up a subject of conversation they are interested in. Then their hands freeze and the mouth takes over. Where is the multi-tasking? And yet they still try to make fun of men not having this ability. Being able to stop work to talk about the latest incident in the televised mental ward known as Big Brother isn't in my opinion something most men would give the time of day for.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry

Ahh popular opinions and sayings (With women anyway)
    Well done to Harrison.
    Another one that does the rounds.
    If men get a cold, they say it's the flue.
    They are all hypochondriacs.
    Well in the civil service (where I work) it has been proven women take significantly more sick days than men.
    A headache is no reason to take a day of sick, that's what paracetemol is for.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My biggest pet hate at work?

Mine mirrors Harrison's, basically.

Slackers should be hung by the balls, and I mean it. I don't mind if someone takes it easy every now and then - I mean, we're no droids, it's no crime to relax every now and then, even on the workfloor.

However, there are some people that just don't do a single fsucking thing all day long, always leave early, make up excuses to be on sick leave 6 out of 12 months each year, and then have the gall to complain about 'being poorly paid' and 'being stressed out'. Assholes. The most ironic thing is that most of them end up with a higher salary than you because they aren't afraid to kiss major boss bunghole.

Another thing I hate is when people ask something for the umpteenth time. I don't mind explaining something three, four or even five times, but when someone still doesn't get it after the twentieth, I get the urge to strangulate people. Write things down on paper so you don't forget, for goodness' sake.

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not unheard of for people to be allowed to go for promotion, just to get rid of them.
    Another reason why the worst staff can end up on more dosh.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That happened to one guy I used to work with. He was hated by all so they accepted his promotion to line-manager, but that didn't work because then whole sections of people started to hate him, so they promoted him to shift manager, where he was mostly stuck in his office with paper work (better) but he still escaped the office from time to time to annoy everyone in the office! So the solution? The dangling of a nice shiny promotion in the form of the main overall manager of another office! RESULT! He took the bait and he moved! That was a great day and the office threw a leaving party. Strangely he wasn't told about the party or where it was being held, so missed it.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Explains why the country is in the state it is in, but what can you do?
    Celebrate when they Armani off, I suppose.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    So the solution? The dangling of a nice shiny promotion in the form of the main overall manager of another office! RESULT! He took the bait and he moved! That was a great day and the office threw a leaving party. Strangely he wasn't told about the party or where it was being held, so missed it.
    BWAHAHAHAHA

Nice touch!

I have a few minor peeves (generally covered here already), but generally the people i work with -and especially the people I work with closely- are a top bunch.