Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    My pet hates are:
    Showing people how to do something and it becomes obvious they arent listening as they go and cock it up again straight away.
    People talking over you when your trying to have a conversation. Wait your turn!
    Lazy folk - not so bad if the work they do is good but when they dont do anything and the work they produce is naff - I hate that.
    Office politics - its not what you know but who; Cant stand it when people suck up to complete swines just cos it furthers their career.
    Negative, pessimistic folk that are only too happy to point out someones flaws but do not have the ability to praise anyone when deserved. I always try to give praise 10 times more than I complain about performance, its hard but people tend to work better when they feel they are doing something wothwhile.
    Nepotism!
    It may sound like quite a long list but I actually do like the majority of people I work with!
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    My pet hates are,

Being asked to do something, then being told not to, then getting in trouble for not doing what i was told originally. ITS LIKE "HELLO".
    On news of PSPUAE update on DCEMU came this reply, lol.

[quote=djk21108;]this will sure make that horace guy happy....[/quote]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That annoyed me too, and I've been in that situation loads of times. The old expression "Too many chefs..." fits perfectly. It has amazed me over the years how department heads or Line Managers never communicate for pass information on, so they then don't know what is actually happening through the whole building/company.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, I can relate to the last couple pf postings.

I moved office after a promotion a few years back.
    Got a phone call from one of the lads I used to work with asking how the job was.
    My reply?
    New faces, same old shit.

It would seem that the crap that goes on in my workplace goes on everywhere else as well.

Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    It's not unheard of for people to be allowed to go for promotion, just to get rid of them.
    Another reason why the worst staff can end up on more dosh.
    TiredOfLife - that wasnt you was it? OJ
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Something Harrison had said on one of the other threads hit a raw nerve.
    People who work hard can never win unlike the lazy buggers who can never lose.
    If you work hard and your standards slip for a min, managers can be on you like a ton of bricks.
    People who are crap, lazy or both tend to get ignored.
    Nobody relies on them because it's not worth it.
    Then when they do something once in a while, the managers are chuffed.
    Perhaps the managers should earn their corn and get these buggars to perform on a regular basis.
    The rest of us wouldn't have to push ourselves quite so much.

Anyway, lets hear your work rants here.
    Specific individuals in work (Probably shouldn't include their full or real name here) or just general pet hates, let's feel your pain.
    here here!

I have a disiplinery at 3pm today for matters beyond my control!

1st one;

Went to cust site in surrey on the 20th July. THE DAY EVERY WHERE FLOODED! I was flooded in. Took me hours to get in, batt in phone died so couldnt ring, and stuck in traffic. If there ever was a "Dog ate my homework" excuse then this would be the day to use it!

2nd one;

Backups. I have been doing backups since I started of some important machines. I get taking to the office and moaned at good style asking why it hasn't been done for 206 days?

I told them it has, I do it every week. Turns out they never told me to include the file in the backups. Two line managers where present when I set the backup originally and were happy. All my lm could say is, "should have made a note as proof!" Why should I have had too? Surely you can trust two managers no? Also I wasn't even working there 206 days ago!

3rd one;

Attendance. Apparently this is poor? Even though I have only taking one morning off due to car problems. This was last month when the gearbox blew on the way to work. I had to wait for the RAC. When I got home there was no point going in, as you need to take flexi in 3.75 slots. so I went in, in the afternoon.

The only other times I have had off have been planed, or due to illness. I have been off the last 2 weeks for stress related reasons. The boss also stood up and shouted at me in front of the rest of the room due to a booking number issue, and then marched me off like a naught schoolboy.

Not looking forward to going back!
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by toomanymikes View Post
    It's not unheard of for people to be allowed to go for promotion, just to get rid of them.
    Another reason why the worst staff can end up on more dosh.
    TiredOfLife - that wasnt you was it? OJ
    Bollocks, dropped myself right in it.
    Bit low using my own words against me.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh dear, Stu. I hope it all ends OK after today. As you say, there is nothing you could have done regarding the floods, and no one can foresee car trouble or do much when it happens.

And if two line managers witnessed you actually setting up the backup then you have proof you did it.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im on my last written warning, im saving it, .

Nah, first 2 were when i was an apprentice (over 10 years ago, i was young and stupid). Myself and 2 other apprentices, had to go to night college, and as i drove i was nominated to take them to. Anyway, We would get to college, and they would say to me "its sunny lets go home", after 10 mins of bagering, i would give in. As the oldest I was supposed to be more responable, lol.

Fun times, fun times,
    On news of PSPUAE update on DCEMU came this reply, lol.

[quote=djk21108;]this will sure make that horace guy happy....[/quote]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Oh dear, Stu. I hope it all ends OK after today. As you say, there is nothing you could have done regarding the floods, and no one can foresee car trouble or do much when it happens.

And if two line managers witnessed you actually setting up the backup then you have proof you did it.
    Update! Been Fired! in a right state! I loved this job. Never been fired before!
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]