Thread: Recommendations

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Recommendations

Can you recommend some recent films. Anything that you thought was good. J-Horror and Sci-Fi especially, but anything you liked.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not very recent, but for those who haven't seen it yet, Battle Royale is an interesting Japanese horror/slasher film. The premise borders on the absurd, but at the same time, it sets you to thinking ... 'what if ...?'

Try to look past the (sometimes) cheesy dialogue, and you'll find a very enjoyable movie underneath.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This may be a bit out of line as it is not a movie, but I can truly recommand a great post-apocalyptic TV-series called Jericho. It's currently running here in Norway now, and episode 16 will be aired today. If you are interested in knowing a bit about it, you can find the official homepage via Google by searching for Jericho. In short, it is about a small American town and their people after the US has been nuked.

As for a movie, well, I could probably recommend some old ones, but there are none of the new ones that comes in mind.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Battle Royale is indeed great, but avoid the sequel. But I guess Harrison already saw it, as we talked about it some years ago. I think it's the same with Ichi the Killer?

I wanted to make a J-Horror list one time, I think I have at least 50 J-Horror movies, as I also collect them, the originals of course. You can get most of them for very cheap at eBay, or at IHDVD, where they cost you only 5$, but come without casing, only the cover.

So Harrison, if you want, I'll make a list of my J-Horror (also Chinese, Korean...) movies and post it here.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea Jericho is pretty good, it got canned here cause most people werent watching it....or the season ended, not sure, I couldnt watch it, I was always at work
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The final episode of Jericho is actually airing here tonight. It is quite a good series but I've not had chance to see many episodes.

I'm also looking forward to the final series of Battlestar Galactica as it should be good. They have now confirmed it will be the final series with a proper conclusion at the end.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not really in the genres you asked for, but I recently saw the Thai kickboxing/action flick Ong-Bak and it was f'ing awesome.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ong-Bak is good, it's worth a watch, saw it some time ago.