Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

PSPUAE 0.63 Birthday Edition released

A new version of PSPUAE has been released. They've called it Birthday Edition because their site was launched 1 year ago. For more info about the features or download, please have a look at the main site.

Main site article

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool! I will be giving this a go later. I also need to update my Dark Alex firmware to the latest release so will do that at the same time.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've just tried this latest version of PSPUAE out and it definitely seems a bit faster and more stable. There have also been a few more additions to the configuration options which makes it's configuration abilities much closer to the possibilities offered in WinUAE.

In previous versions I also found the stability wasn't 100% with the emulator sometimes crashing the PSP when games wouldn't boot properly or locking up the PSP when trying to quite the emulator. These two activities now work perfectly and do not lockup or crash the PSP. Although I'm not sure if this is due to the emulation being improved or because I'm now using a newer custom firmware. I have the feeling it could be a bit of both.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you an idea of how many % of games run properly on PSPUAE? (And don't ask me again now, if I'm going to buy a PSP )

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You might change your mind on purchasing a PSP come September! Sony are releasing a revised PSP that is 33% lighter, 19% thinner, has better battery usage, and can output video in high definition! See my other new PSP post for further details and pictures.

But back to PSPUAE, I don't know at the moment how compatible it is percentage wise. I will have a look on the PSPUAE forums and see if anyone there has been doing extensive testing. There were however a few games that I couldn't get to run on the older version of the emulator, so I will be testing these again to see if they do now work. I will let you know what I find.

BTW, the latest version also includes a proper control configuration screen, much like the input screen in WinUAE. Controlling games using the PSP's analogue stick is much easier and nicer than trying to use the PSP's directional controls. Turrican is actually fully playable and diagonal jumps have become easy!

Oh, and Turrican seems to now run at very close to 100% speed now (with sound). It has some slowdown when the game starts, but once you have control of the character it runs at 100% speed. Very nice

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sony are releasing a revised PSP that is 33% lighter, 19% thinner, has better battery usage, and can output video in high definition!
    Yeah, I heard that on Monday when I came to work. But what does this change? It's still a handheld console, so I don't care.
    See my other new PSP post for further details and pictures.
    Pic is missing.
    and diagonal jumps have become easy!
    That is good to hear, as I played Bruce Lee (C64) and had problems doing diagonal jumps with the analog stick.

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, dont know if any of you have registered at pspuae.com. If you havent, then you might not be aware of the R.I.S.S. State project (This is ONLY available to Registered users).

Started by Horace and myself. Basically all game data is jammed into RAM, then savestated. The options are then setup to give best speed for current release (obviously older R.I.S.S.'s might need slight tweaking). So basically instead of selecting an adf to load, you just load the state. Takes all the hastle of waiting and setting up the options, as the state set the options for you.
    On news of PSPUAE update on DCEMU came this reply, lol.

[quote=djk21108;]this will sure make that horace guy happy....[/quote]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wasn't aware of the RISS State project. I will definitely want to give this a try.

Are there any limitations to this?

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I wasn't aware of the RISS State project. I will definitely want to give this a try.

Are there any limitations to this?
    Well, it is run using WHDLoad. So if slave has limitations, then state will unless you have a valid WHDLoad Key.

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thought, i would let you know. I have started messing with the source again, its going slow though as im still learning how it all works. Seems the other devs have abandoned me, .

As Horace says, "FOL will never give it up". So I will keep proding until I improve it. I know where the sound problems are, so ill keep at that, and take another look at AGA.