Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 Price Drop

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jedi View Post
    Has anyone found a PS3 cheaper than the £400 asda have it would be helpfull if we could find the cheapest for those who want one.
    Why would anyone want a PS3 if the only game worth buying on it is MotorStorm, and everything on the Xbox 360 apparently is so much more awsome? That would be, like, misleading people into buying a crappy product. And, as opposed to depicting a cathedral in a video game, spreading misleading information IS enough grounds for legal action. Maaan, I sure don't want to risk getting sued!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amazon are doing them for either £400 with 2 games, extra SixAxis and HDMI cable or £425 for 3 games, extra Sixaxis and HDMI cable.
    Where on Amazon are they doing this deal? I had a quick look and couldn't find any bundles that included games. All I could find is the console for £399 + a free HDMI cable.

Game are doing a very similar deal too. For £424.99 you get the PS3 + 3 games. But no HDMI cable for free.

I've a question about the PS3. I noticed that for standard definition TVs you can buy an RGB to scart cable. Is this identical to the existing cable for the PS2? As the PS2 and PS1 both shared the same RGB video port so was wondering if this was the same for the PS3 so the PS2 cable would work with the PS3? Would mean a good option if I get one before an HDTV.

I also noticed it is now possible to get HDMI switcher boxes, so that solves the problem that most HDTVs don't have enough HDMI ports on the back.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Amazon are doing them for either £400 with 2 games, extra SixAxis and HDMI cable or £425 for 3 games, extra Sixaxis and HDMI cable.
    Where on Amazon are they doing this deal? I had a quick look and couldn't find any bundles that included games. All I could find is the console for £399 + a free HDMI cable.

Game are doing a very similar deal too. For £424.99 you get the PS3 + 3 games. But no HDMI cable for free.

I've a question about the PS3. I noticed that for standard definition TVs you can buy an RGB to scart cable. Is this identical to the existing cable for the PS2? As the PS2 and PS1 both shared the same RGB video port so was wondering if this was the same for the PS3 so the PS2 cable would work with the PS3? Would mean a good option if I get one before an HDTV.

I also noticed it is now possible to get HDMI switcher boxes, so that solves the problem that most HDTVs don't have enough HDMI ports on the back.
    The PS1 and PS2 RGB or any of the other PS1 or PS2 cables dont work with the PS3 and they are not identical they dont fit in to the PS3.

The PS3 comes with a basic low quality AV scart cable that is very simular to the PS2AV one. You can by a RGB cable or a S video cable for PS3 but if you getting a 1080p HD TV then theres no point you might as well pay the extra and get a PS3 HDMI cable because theres no point in having a HD TV and not using it.

Also if you want use your PS1 and PS2 memory cards load on PS3 you will also need a Memory card reader for PS3 you probably already know that.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.h...d_i=B0007SV734

Choice of games are Motorstorm, Resistance, Genjii, Ridge Racer7 or F1.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sharingan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jedi View Post
    Has anyone found a PS3 cheaper than the £400 asda have it would be helpfull if we could find the cheapest for those who want one.
    Why would anyone want a PS3 if the only game worth buying on it is MotorStorm, and everything on the Xbox 360 apparently is so much more awsome? That would be, like, misleading people into buying a crappy product. And, as opposed to depicting a cathedral in a video game, spreading misleading information IS enough grounds for legal action. Maaan, I sure don't want to risk getting sued!
    I dont want to misslead people into buying a crappy product it is just my advice because I have both Xbox 360 and PS3.

Both consoles have there good points.

Xbox 360 has alot more value for money and a hell of alot more quality games and xbox live has as much as you can eat with 1000's of free downloads.

And PS3 has Motorstorm, which for me Motorstorm is the best game on PS3 full stop Evolution studios always make a awsome game.

The PS3's best downloads are Gran Turisimo HD, Heavenly sword, Lemmings, Ruba Dub Dub with its Chlorine blue water that looks good enougth to drink.

The PS3 is good for Blu ray movies which is essential for HD TV.

Its down to the gamer which they want having both is better.

Resistance fall of man is not even that violent or offensive so why sony have got into so much trouble I dont really know.

Gears of war wipes the flaw with resistance fall of man and Gears of war is alot more gory and it features real locations and landmarks and photo realistic graphics and the hero in the game is a soldier that was put in prison for life and let out to save the world.

In Thai Land you can get a PS3 for £250-300 and PS3 is region free so it does not matter were you buy them they will play games from any contry in any language.
    Last edited by Blue Jedi; 9th August 2007 at 13:58.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Resistance fall of man is not even that violent or offensive so why sony have got into so much trouble I dont really know.
    As with all things, the media get hold of a small piece of information, no matter how accurate, and turn it into something more than it really is. How else do you think the Bishop of that parish even know the building was featured in the game? I cannot imagine many PS3s taking up residence in vicarages up and down the country.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJ View Post

MASSIVE DAMAGE! GIANT ENEMY CRAB! SOME OTHER INTERNET FAD!

How much are HDMI switchers? The back of out telly is pretty chocka - in fact the only input not being used is the second HDMI, but this will be filled either by a new console or better movie/DVD (maybe an HD format one) player at some point - but probably not for a while yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJ View Post

MASSIVE DAMAGE! GIANT ENEMY CRAB! SOME OTHER INTERNET FAD!

How much are HDMI switchers? The back of out telly is pretty chocka - in fact the only input not being used is the second HDMI, but this will be filled either by a new console or better movie/DVD (maybe an HD format one) player at some point - but probably not for a while yet.
    If you have Sky and have the full pakage they are offering customers that have HD TV's a Free Sky HD box as a thank you for being loyal to Sky.
    The Sky HD boxes are also great for Xbox 360 and PS3 because you can use it by switching betwen the TV and your games console in an instant.

If you dont want that then Switchers can be pricey depends on what brand you want.
    Last edited by Blue Jedi; 9th August 2007 at 14:25. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember the media coverage surrounding Night trap. They tried to make out that the game promoted voyeurism. Quite mad. It's amazing the media don't start stalking everyone who buys a powerful telescope or pair of binoculars!

Quote Originally Posted by J T
    How much are HDMI switchers?
    Amazon have one for £29.99 and the buyer reviews have all said its good. It even comes with a little remote control to switch between the channels.

I have had similar problems with Scart cables over the years. My current CRT TV has 3 RGB scart sockets but that is far from enough. And why have TV manufacturers reduced the number even more? Many LCD and Plasma TVs now come with just one Scart and one HDMI port. Madness.

My current setup I have all three scart sockets on the TV in use, with one of these connected to a 6 port external scart switcher box which connects all of my consoles up, plus the S-Video socket is also being used for my PS2 (I tested RGB scart and S-Video and the S-Video looked better. Not so blurred and crisper). So it is going to be a nightmare getting everything connected up again once I switch to an HDTV. I will need to invest in some HDMI supporting equipment just so I can get everything connected!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember the media coverage surrounding Night trap. They tried to make out that the game promoted voyeurism. Quite mad. It's amazing the media don't start stalking everyone who buys a powerful telescope or pair of binoculars!

Quote Originally Posted by J T
    How much are HDMI switchers?
    Amazon have one for £29.99 and the buyer reviews have all said its good. It even comes with a little remote control to switch between the channels.

I have had similar problems with Scart cables over the years. My current CRT TV has 3 RGB scart sockets but that is far from enough. And why have TV manufacturers reduced the number even more? Many LCD and Plasma TVs now come with just one Scart and one HDMI port. Madness.

My current setup I have all three scart sockets on the TV in use, with one of these connected to a 6 port external scart switcher box which connects all of my consoles up, plus the S-Video socket is also being used for my PS2 (I tested RGB scart and S-Video and the S-Video looked better. Not so blurred and crisper). So it is going to be a nightmare getting everything connected up again once I switch to an HDTV. I will need to invest in some HDMI supporting equipment just so I can get everything connected!
    LCD are alot better than Plasma if you have not choosen one yet LCD would be best because Plasmas get so hot and fixed images like channel logos burn in the screen and stay for a while before fading although some Plasmas have managed to fix this.

LCDs dont have this problem and dont get hot.

My friend got giant Plasma and had it had the foot of his bed as part of his gaming set up he had to go to the doctors because his face ended up red like and burnt as if he had been near a UFO and his retanas in his eyes were burnt as well this was from the heat of the plasma.

I think LCD are better.

I have a custom made S video cable for my Mega drive and Mega CD I think S Video cables are better than RGB.

If you have Sky the SKY HD box it will help with your set up because it has features for games if you have the full sky package and a HD TV they will give you a Kys HD box for free as a thankyou.

The Sky HD box has lots of ports check out this link.
    http://www.skytvcard.com/skyhdbox.htm