Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 Price Drop

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    But why couldn't you do this at home though? Don't you have a connection at home? I strongly suggest getting the PS3 permanently connected at home, as the Playstation Network is probably going to be a big part of the PS3s future. Also, there's a good reason to be able to reach the Playstation Store which has lots of neat things for download. And they don't cost much either, Tekken Dark Resurrection costs around £7 and is the most expensive title on there, the only one that costs that much. Then there's the small games made for the PS3 such as Stardust, Gripshift, Blast Factor and such which mostly are around £6 a piece, and PS1 and arcade classics for about £2-3. Then there's the trailers and playable demos of full games that are released from time to time. Word is that a playable demo of Heavenly Sword is coming this week, which is one of the highly anticipated PS3 exclusives.

And there's also the great multiplayer aspect of games like Resistance to consider.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Couldn't imagine this happening with my boss
    Really? And yet you sit there playing games all day! Have you ever been caught DC? Or do you have a well rehearsed spy system in the office to alert you of in coming bosses?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been conscientious so far. Only played a 'few' games of Excite Bike at work, when everyone had already gone home. Let's not mention how I'm logged into the CA forums for 9-or-so hours daily, though

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol, yes, the "boss" key should be included I think lol
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really? And yet you sit there playing games all day! Have you ever been caught DC? Or do you have a well rehearsed spy system in the office to alert you of in coming bosses?
    My boss is assistant director, and since 2 years now, he's not in our building anymore, he's now consultant of our minister and director of the LuxTrust company, yeah, awesome man, and he's imo the most qualified man as for mainframes and MVS in Luxembourg.

I have never really been caught, sometimes someone saw me, but didn't say anything, as he really doesn't care about it. And in WinUAE you still have the magical F12 key

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is great that your boss isn't in even the same building. In a design company I once worked for my boss was sitting at the next desk near to mine so that wasn't so great. I couldn't really get away with playing any games, although he didn't mind me using the internet as I tended to know the answers to most computer and internet related problems with anything ever cropped up in the office, and he never minded me downloading stuff, just asking that I pause any downloads while they needed to use the connection for something business related . In fact he would often ask me to find him music or programs.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where do you guys find bosses like that?

Mine would likely cut my internet access as soon as he saw me surfing the web for anything other than work-related stuff.

Luckily, I've developed a sixth sense for detecting incoming bosses. Clicking away offending windows or applications has become second nature

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lets hope your company doesn't follow the practice of many these days, where they run a proxy server between the internet and employees so they can log all internet activity and are then able to bring up a list of all sites each employee has been visiting!

They even did this in a company I worked for years ago. Luckily I wasn't a suspect and the bosses knew my department looked at all types of sites, after all we were the multimedia team, but they used it to keep an eye on certain employees they had suspicions about, and one even got the sack due to this.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the organisation where I'm at has a guideline that forbids the department managers to use such systems to track surfing behaviour. I'm sure there are exceptions - the IT section might, for example, alert management when someone surfs pr0n sites. Ironically, someone working at the IT helpdesk was caught watching pr0n a few years back. He doesn't work there anymore

Otherwise, I haven't heard of any other cases of people being sacked due to internet usage for private reasons. I do know of a few people who surf the web all the time during workhours - maybe 90% of the time. The other 10% they spend drinking coffee or talking. They haven't received any warnings, yet.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds like many people I work with. It is amazing how they get away with it. I'm sure that if I did the same I wouldn't! But that is probably because I try to work hard at whatever I do, so when I'm not pulling my weight it does get noticed, whereas they don't do anything anyway so there is no difference.