Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't know there was a new Studio Ghibli movie out until I chanced upon the soundtrack on an anime review site.

It's called Gedo Senki (Tales From Earthsea), and is roughly based on U. LeGuin's Earthsea novels. It is, however, not directed or produced by Hayao Miyazaki, but rather, by his son, Goro - his first work as director of a feature film. The film's music is composed by Tamiya Terashima.

It's an enjoyable anime, as I've come to expect from Studio Ghibli. Unlike the recent Ghibli films, no (or limited) use was made of computer-generated effects. This has resulted in a far less 'flashy' film; coupled with the rather laid-back use of colours, one could be easily forgiven for thinking this was an older Ghibli film, rather than the most recent one. The animation quality is still excellent, however, as are the sound effects and the music.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't get to watch much Manga, but I got to see Mozzo DSA on a satelite channel (now closed down) and I thought it excellent. Was so impressed I considered buying the DVD boxsets.

wikipedia link

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mezzo DSA only has 13 episodes, I'll try to get them and give'em a try, but then again, I have so many things still to watch.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just came across Arcade Gamer Fubuki whilst watching some of my arcade TV collection (also watched a very good 50 minutes video from TechTV about modding your XBox and installing other drives, dashboards and media player).

But for any arcade gamer, have a look at Fubuki: http://www.dvdvisionjapan.com/fubuki.htm

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those TechTV Xbox modding videos are really good. I've got a lot of video game related videos (mosting from eggman) and I've still to watch most of them. Is great just browsing through and finding something new to watch.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm at the Icons shows, then I will definitely watch the Starcade ones, they are just great. Sadly the video image is not sooo good, but it looks ok on a monitor.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've watched all of the Starcade shows. Those are great, seeing the kids playing all of the great arcade games, and funny seeing their clothing and hair styles!

The video quality isn't great, but they are perfectly watchable on a monitor. They look like they have been captured from VHS, and most likely NTSC VHS at that, so the quality was never going to be great, but it is very nice just having access to them, and the programs not getting lost and forgotten.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just finished watching the last episode of Devil May Cry, and overall, it was disappointing. The insane, high energy battles of the video game series were conspicuously absent, and, apart from the final three episodes, there was no continuity in the storyline. Supposedly bad-ass adversaries (which were scarce to begin with) are dealt with almost blindfolded, even the one in the last episode. I suppose I had high expectations, but none of them were met (save, perhaps for the art style, which they did capture well).

So much potential wasted.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a shame when that happens. Normally it is the other way around with films or games made from animated or graphic novel series that fail to capture the original feel and look. With any form of anim the ability to create the impossible in reality usually allows creativity to flow much better.