Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't mention it!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is the secret of Monkey Island?

Or maybe what are next weeks winning lottery numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    God = being with abilities greater than your own to an extent that they appear all powerful.

This is my personal view of the term "god". Anyone can seem to possess god like abilities and powers if they are far enough advanced compared to others around them. Consider someone from today meeting a remote tribe for the first time who had never seen anyone from the modern world. The abilities and skills possessed by them would make them gods in the eyes of that tribe.

Therefore I declare myself God!
    Teho had a quote in his sig expressing a similar thing a while ago didn't he? Something along the lines of "any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" (Arthur C Clarke?). There were also a few Star Trek episodes touching on this idea..... *er, we need a geeky emoticon right here...*

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's it to the letter, good memory. I've no idea of when or where Clarke said it or what the context was though, just heard it somewhere else. And since I've read a few of his books and thought that was a damn cool quote when I heard it, well there you go.