Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars

Have been playing a bit of Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars lately, and so far the game has delivered. Have finished the GDI campaign, and I'm now working to complete the one about NOD. The storyline is quite cool, and the video sequences (which are back again, as there were none in Generals) in between are of high-quality. The game was easy to get into as well, and it didn't take long before I've learned the most basic stuff. Have also tried the game out Online, which was a nice experience. Seems like EA has put some extra effort into improving the multiplayer mode as we knew it from Generals. There is still some bad stuff here and there, but overall things work fine Online. Managed to win a few games as well, so let's hope that will continue.

Anyway, does anyone else here play Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars? If yes, how do you like the game?

PS: If you are interested in taking a game Online, please PM me and we can work something out.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not got around to trying this game out yet. I've heard from a few people that it is good so I will definitely be giving it a go soon.

Is the online gameplay only available though the EA servers? or can you setup games independently?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the latest C&C release? I would like to try it out, but I'm hoping my ancient rig will be able to run it decently (P4 2.66, nVidia 6800, 2 GB PC3200).

I've never been much of an online competitor when it comes to RTS games - I just don't have the 'RTS skill', so to speak.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah it's quite good. I found the main game a bit short and easy but they seem to be putting more emphasis on the online aspect (which tbh I find lazy).

Also I'd have liked to have seen Westwood carry on with the series because they had a timeline mapped out that would have seen the Tiberium and Red Alert worlds cross which would have been very cool. EA plan to keep them seperate.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm ... it's pretty disappointing if they kept the single-player campaign short. Strange as it sounds, I play RTS games for the storyline

Blizzard did an excellent job, story-wise, in the single-player campaign of Warcraft III, for example. Not so long that the game started to drag on, but right on the mark.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Warcraft III did have a great single player campaign that is for sure. I also like to play the single player RTS campaigns for the story. Another that I thought was good was The Battle for Middle Earth II.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen World at Conflict, and it has too be the most beautiful RTS I've seen so far. It's not released yet though.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What platform is that going to be released for?

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    PC, but have a look at the screenshots. I saw them playing at GIGA Games, and I just sat there and thought WOW. There's also a trailer on the website.

World At Conflict

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will have to have a look through my issues of PC Gamer to see if they have covered it yet in their preview section. I would have thought they have.

Wow! That does look really good good from the screenshots. Some amazing explosions with lively reds and yellows.

Lets just hope it isn't a DX10 only game!