Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

NEW! Advanced search added to game and demo sections!

I've now added a new search tool to both the game and demo sections.

When within either section you now have a new search feature found down the left-hand side of the page. This allows you to search for keywords, as well as select specific characteristics of the games or demos you are searching for.

For example you might just select the type of hardware as AGA and then do a search. It would then return results for all games that are AGA compatible. Equally you could type Bitmap into the Developer field and find all games that match this as the developer (The Bitmap Brothers games would be the result in this example).

This is therefore much more powerful than the basic keyword search we already had on the pages and will allow users to filter results based on any number of the available options in this search tool.

I hope you all like this new feature and find it useful. Please let me know if you would like to see any additional fields added that are not currently included in the search tool and I will see if I can add them.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That feature is quite useful, as last time I wanted to search for every TSB release, but had first to search one specific demo, then click on the TSB link to finally get all releases. With this new feature you can immediately type TSB in the field and do a search. And it works fine (TSB does not work, as it's entered as The Special Brothers).

Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 6th July 2007 at 18:28.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice. That's a good searching style.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, Demon, the search function is very handy. Tried searching for a demo party (Assembly 1996), and instantly got up all the prods that has been added from this party. This will make it easier for the visitors to find the stuff they are looking for with less hassle.