Thread: Lost

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lost

Who watches Lost? And have you been following the third series?

I watched most of the first series, but got bored during the second and stopped watching. I then caught up with the Sky rundown of what had happened so far leading up to the third series and so started watching the third series.

I have so far found it to be better than the previous two, although some of the episodes have been quite boring. I just find many of the storylines drag on for much too long and many of the ideas never really amount to too much. It needs more happening with each episode following more storylines, chopping and changing between different groups of people and their perspective of situations on the Island/s.

What are your thoughts on the series?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Who watches Lost? And have you been following the third series?

I watched most of the first series, but got bored during the second and stopped watching. I then caught up with the Sky rundown of what had happened so far leading up to the third series and so started watching the third series.
    I did almost exactly the same thing. My wife watched all of the 2nd series so after I got bored after the first few eps I occasionally asked her what was going on and just watched bits and pieces and the last few episodes where it picked up.

The new series is better, but I'm getting a tad fed up with the whole "uh oh, not sure where this is going and the audience is getting a tad restless so let's just bung in SOMETHING COMPLETELY RANDOM AND UNRELATED to divert their attention away from the glaring contradictions and *OH SHIT LOOK!* A MONSTER!"

And what is with the break? Did the test/preview audience not like what they saw, prompting a reshoot? Bloody annoying though coming out of nowhere. Just as we were really getting into it the Sky announcer reaches through the screen and slaps us in the face with a wet haddock and says "just as you were getting into that, none for you until sometime next year sucker." Cheers. Maybe you'd like to piss in my bottle of milk too, huh?

Plus points though for some of the unexpected sudden character killing. Nice touch.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Breaks in the middle of seasons are quite common in US series. Normally it takes a while for the series to come to the UK so they can show it all in one go. However Sky have shown Lost very soon after it was shown in the US therefore they also have to have the break.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The unexpected character killing was a nice touch indeed.

I think the break on Sky is due to Sky running out of episodes and needing to take a break while the US catch up. I seem to remember reading we were getting many of the episodes before much of the US.

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    ? it was shown originally on abc in america then it was shown on sky it starts on abc again in feb dunno if it starts at the same time on sky or not, i dont care i jus d/load it from the net cause i dont have sky.

If you want a taste of whats to come check this out. Its lost moments from ad breaks in the series daybreak on abc, they are small previews of the next part of the 3rd series. click click click click this is only the first of about seven or eight.
    [URL="http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/"]Hey Hey 16k by Rob Manuel[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We've been watching the first two seasons of Lost. Although interesting, sometimes one gets a bit "lost" while watching.. hehe.. We are going to embark upon the third season soon I believe.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never liked it, although, I also never even bothered to watch it.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @PG. It is worth sticking with because it does become really good right towards the end and goes into a lot of flashbacks showing what the characters were all doing before they ended up "Lost"... although that is a twist in itself (no spoilers). You are still kind of a bit lost even at the end though with unanswered questions, but worth it to some extent. Plus you always have Evangeline Lilly!

But if you find Lost interesting I would highly recommend you look up Revolution and watch the first 2 series that have so far aired (third series due in the new year). Revolution is from the same creators as Lost, but is much better.. based on a Post apocalyptic world after electricity suddenly stopped working on a global scale. My favourite series at the moment.. next to The Walking Dead!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have so many series, so I have to set priorities. I thought Revolution didn't get the best reviews? Are you sure there will be a 3rd season, I thought they stopped it. Tracy Spiridakos is quite hot though.

I also started to watch The 100, watched 5 episodes, but that's now already some months ago, girlfriend is not too exited to watch further.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn, you are right.. I just looked it up and Revolution was cancelled by NBC for a third season in May this year. Fans are currently petitioning for it to move to a new network to continue.. something which worked for Stargate SG1 a few years ago and saved that for quite a few series more.

Revolution is still worth watching even if the don't make any more because the main story arc was completed at the second season mid-season break and it was good.

But the best series on TV has to be The Game of Thrones. Tell me you have all been watching that? It is amazing.

I quite enjoyed The 100. Initially only watching it for the sad reason that I always fancied the main actress when she was in the Australian series Neighbours, but it turned out OK and got much better towards the end of the first series.

I've just started watching The Flash, Gotham, and Forever. All good in different ways.

I highly recommend the First series of Fargo. It was brilliant and well worth downloading. Billy Bob Thornton played an amazingly sadistic character.

Other series I recommend which are on at the moment include:

The Walking Dead (best series on TV)
    Banshee (one of the most violent series on TV and good too!)
    The Strain (If you like horror you will love this twist on Vampires, as in they are not).
    Sleepy Hollow
    Bates Motel (another great show)
    The Black List (James Spader is brilliant in this)
    Ray Donovan (brilliant show)
    The Last Ship
    Helix (cancelled in the UK on Channel 5 after episode 5, so I downloaded as they aired in the US and it was worth it, and a second series is being made)
    Falling Skies
    Penny Dreadful
    The Americans
    Blue Bloods
    Saving Hope
    The Big Bang Theory (one of the best shows on TV ever).

One series I've never seen which people keep raving about is Homeland. Anyone watch it? Worth me watching?