Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Argentina based Antique Computer Expo

Don't ask me how I found this site as I'm not quite sure myself, but it contains a series of interesting photographs taken from a 2006 Exhibition of Antique Computers, and among them are various Commodore machines included an A500, C64C, C128 and Plus4.

http://www.museotec.com.ar/Expo/alb2006.htm

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cry for me Argentina... Some nice pictures, but that's the usual thing you see on an expo, otherwise it won't be one

Harmless Inactive Member
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile from Trelew, Argentina (Argentina based Antique Computer Expo)

Harrison:
    A few days ago we found yours friendly comments about our expo in 2006 and we like to thank you. Our museum is now in progress and we had over 20 people that work on it. Our dream is open the museum to the public in a short period of time, and we think that be the first in Trelew (Chubut), Patagonia Argentina.
    Best regards.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you plan to include an english version of the site? Would be nice.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by meseta View Post
    Harrison:
    A few days ago we found yours friendly comments about our expo in 2006 and we like to thank you. Our museum is now in progress and we had over 20 people that work on it. Our dream is open the museum to the public in a short period of time, and we think that be the first in Trelew (Chubut), Patagonia Argentina.
    Best regards.
    Good Luck with the museum. It's really nice to see the Texas Instrument computers again and some of the MSX's.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi meseta

It is great to know that you are continuing this on further into a full museum.

When you have it p and running would you be able to share some photographs of the museum with us? I could then create an article on the main classicamiga.com website to show your museum and advertise it for you.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Demon Cleaner, Buleste y Harrison: thank you for reply. Here is
    our answers and clarifications: we had not thought of doing a version of the site in English at the moment, but the wording of translations for the photos.
    In the future, with more time, we will take into account the concerns of Demon Cleaner, because among the group members are people with good command of English.

Buleste: thank you for your good wishes. For us it was also very nice find the Texas computer in the tank of a school, within their boxes, connected to the mains and make them operate as if they were new.

Harrison: we accept and appreciate your proposal, and we'll send our material and equipment that were manufactured in Argentina. In November 2008 we will go as guests to Puerto Madryn, at the National Science Fair School, with a retrospective and interactive computer shows. Our strong at the moment are the computers, but we are also collecting, in order to display on our site, stories of technology and the techniques used in the Valley area of Lower Rio Chubut, where there is a strong Welsh influence. Among this collection is that of the Crookes's hydraulic turbine and the history behind it, the norias of Dolavon and irrigation canals and railways that installed the Welsh settlers in the late nineteenth century in Chubut.

See you soon.