Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that when we were all growing up most people just had more time to play Amiga games than they do now. But equally the genres, ideas and concepts were all new and exciting and most games were unique and quite original. These days most games are all from the mould of the genre they belong too, so although you may enjoy that type of game most of it's gameplay and style has been seen before.

But I personally still manage to find many games on all platforms that get me hooked.

The most recent was Lego Star Wars 2 on the PSP. I've been playing that in my breaks at work for a few months now. I completed the main missions but still keep replaying them all with different characters to try and find all of the secrets and unlock everything. I really did think that once the main game was completed I wouldn't bother going back but it is still as fun as you then get to do things in levels using the abilities of characters you didn't have access to the first time through.

Continuing the Star Wars theme, Knights of the Old Republic on the Xbox was another game that really got me hooked and from the moment I started playing I couldn't put it down until it was completed. That for me is still one of the greatest games created to date.

And there have been many more over the years on all platforms, especially RPGs on the PC and PS2.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's living with a bird that's cut down my playing time.
    Was well into Scarface on the PS2 recently.
    Had to be dragged away from it.
    She bought me it.
    Regrets it big time now.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "yes dear, I don't mind what you do with your free time... as long as it's on my terms!" (tightens leash some more!)

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ultimate Soccer Manager, I got really into that and played it for many, many hours at a time. Infact I even had it running on my Amiga while doing some history coursework on the PC many many moons ago (and I got a damn good mark for it too! Score!). Similar for Championship Manager 2 for the PC. Those footy management games were a bit like crack to me, I was totally hooked by such a simple premise. I couldn't tell you what the longest time spent playing either of them was, but it would often run late into the night and through to the wee small hours of the morning, maybe 10 hours+ in a go.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    On the C64 I played the first Football Manager (it was called that way) for 3 days straight together with my cousin. That must have been in 1984 or 1985. We played with Mansfield and started in the 4th division, until we got to the premier league, won the championship and the FA cup.

I slept at his home, but we didn't get much sleep, instead we had lots of Cola and Pizza. We played from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening, and it was a very long but funny weekend.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's pure dedication DC!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Hat off to you mate.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is pretty dedicated.

One game I did play over one weekend and completed was the original Playstation version of Resident Evil. A friend lent the game to me on the Friday but said he needed it back Monday morning as he had promised it to someone else, so there was nothing for it. I dedicated the weekend to completing the game and so I did. That was a great game, and I still think the original RE is still the best yet, even with the very dodgy voice acting.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    On the C64 I played the first Football Manager (it was called that way) for 3 days straight together with my cousin. That must have been in 1984 or 1985. We played with Mansfield and started in the 4th division, until we got to the premier league, won the championship and the FA cup.

I slept at his home, but we didn't get much sleep, instead we had lots of Cola and Pizza. We played from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening, and it was a very long but funny weekend.

I have to respect that, top show, sir.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    One game I did play over one weekend and completed was the original Playstation version of Resident Evil. A friend lent the game to me on the Friday but said he needed it back Monday morning as he had promised it to someone else, so there was nothing for it. I dedicated the weekend to completing the game and so I did. That was a great game, and I still think the original RE is still the best yet, even with the very dodgy voice acting.

Dodgy indeed ...

Remember these classics?

Barry: Here, take this lockpick. I'm sure that you, the master of unlocking, will make use of it.

Barry: WHOOOOAAAAAA! This hall is DANGEROUS!

Barry: That was too close. You were almost a Jill sandwich!

Comic gold!