Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy The sad day a game wouldn't load!

Did you ever have the sad day when you tried to load up your favourite game on the Amiga and it wouldn't read the disk?!

I've been quite lucky with game disks over the years, with most of my originals still working perfectly. But I do remember one time wanting to play Enduro Racer and the disk couldn't be read by the Amiga. At the time it was a favourite of mine so I had probably worn the disk out, more than anything else. Still, it was very depressing at the time.

Something odd. I had Enduro Racer on the Amiga as part of a compilation of four games that I can't remember. But I just checked the site and we don't have Enduro Racer listed, and quickly looking on HOL and Lemon Amiga, neither of those sites have the game listed either. I will have to look into this more when I have time.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember many games that died.....First Battle chess, then Wings.....I lost alot of games....stupid floppy disks!!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Floppy disks definitely were not that reliable, although I'm betting they are more reliable that a well used DVD-R!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dunno...depends, if you step on the DVD then sure. But if you stepped on the floppy, pretty sure it wouldnt work either
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never had any trouble with games.

It was mostly disks with my PenPal and DPaint files that stopped working, although that is likely to be because some of them were high density (these were made a long time after I used all my original DD disks and long before I got new DD disks).

Other reasons could be that the DD ones didn't work because the floppy drive is past it's best. Sometimes the disk will load fine, other times it won't, then if I put it in another drive it will be fine. Although I still should make backups of them.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    As I never owned originals and only had copies on no name disks, it happened very often that the disks refused to work.