Poll: Have you ever been on a diet?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you were only driving at 70MPH on motorways and not on small roads.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Obviously! It would be a bit stupid to be driving at 70MPH in a 30MPH street. I always stick to speed limits unless it's a dual carriage way or motorway, and even then only if I know the road. If I'm on an unknown, or little driven road, I stick to the limits because you just don't know where all the bends or speed cameras might be.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's got a 899 litre engine so it's not designed to be the fastest. However i did manager to get 90 MPH out of her, downhill, with a strong breeze and blew the exhaust. Since then she hasn't has chance to get up to speed as around my area theres more traffic calming measures than there is cars. Did i mention my car was free even though it was only two years old? So i don't mind the size of the engine. Besides i'd rather kill myself with fatty foods than speed.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fair enough if the car was free and you only ever drive around a city centre. But for me I drive a couple hundred miles a week up and down the whole of the M27 motorway and some dual carriage ways, so a car with an engine that small would be a nightmare for me.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You didn't spot my mistake 899 litre engine? Thats huge it should have been 899 cc engine. Where i live in a 3 mile stretch of main road there are 7 speed cameras, 5 changes in speed limit (lowest 30, highest 50), about 6 rumble strips and many pointless islands to deter overtaking, also there is usually at least one set of temporary traffic lights, the main road is in the countryside so there is always the threat of tractors, HGV's use the road regularly as well so all in all there is no need whatsoever in having a car that can go faster than a milk float. I think i should have revived the rant thread for that last part.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hadn't noticed that. Imagine an engine that size... and the fuel consumption... and bill at the petrol station!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought £27.00 for a full tank was bad. Imagine the size of the size of the fuel tank. It'd be like driving a petrol tanker with the performance of an F1 car!!!!! Imagine the size of the explosion when you don't take a corner at speed!!! Now that would be one helluva way to go
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    £27 for a full tank! My car takes about £60 to fill right up from empty! Maybe more since fuel prices have gone up even more.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Small car, small fuel tank but good MPG. It'll 250 to 300 miles to the tank if i fill up when the warning light starts to stay on all the time.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm... that's about what I get from mine with £60 of petrol! More if I drive conservatively, but then what's the point of a big engine if you are going to do that!