Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    In Ibrowse, which I was using to post that message, an almost problem free phpBB forum was much quicker.

As for the phpBB forum that I run, we hardly have any problems now. Nothing is perfect. And some of us just really dislike vB. And I know that I'm not the only one.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hardly any problems "now". I know only too well the major issues you had with spammers and bogus account creation. And saying you now have "hardly" any problems implies that you do still have some.

Nothing is perfect, that is true, but have you seen any spam being posted on this forum since it was launched? Nope. And there is a reason. vB is the most secure and robust forum on the market. You get what you pay for.

I've used and tried out most forums available Steve and it is a known fact that phpbb is one of the worst for security you can use. I'm not making it up Steve, it is a fact. Even IPB is more secure, and that is saying something!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    vBulletin is used in the majority of the boards I visit, and in a lot of the really big boards on the web (in fact in pretty much almost all of them that don't have their own custom ones).

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    To be perfetly honest, I think if I had to go back to dial-up I would just stop using the internet (or do it only somewhere with a speedy connection). Really, I only used dial up for maybe a few weeks, and even then it was a major pain for anything other than simple instant messaging.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, we do still get a few spam posts and fake user accounts. It is easy to get rid of them though. I will be attemtping to sort it out though when I get the chance.

Although we have been using phpBB since 2002 and are not changing.

Considering that the spam we get is a minor problem, I tend to be more interested in User interface and functionality, and I much prefer the interface of phpBB and IPB(both 1 and 2) to vB. And phpBB does everything we want it to do since the forum is used for discussions only.