Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly! It's a part of the law that no one ever upholds as it can't really be policed, and it's common sense that the majority of people are going to only use it for personal needs.

You do have to wonder though that if it really is against the law then why did they need to invent macrovision? Surely being against the law is enough?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I think the biggest problem with the Wii so far is that apart from Twilight Princess no other title released on the Wii has contained any level of ambition, scale or simple extended excitement that has triggered an addictive nature to continue playing for extended periods of time.

Everything else on the Wii has so far been very light, giving the player simple easy to grasp and play, but quite to end arcade experiences. The system needs more meaty releases such as Zelda if it is going to become as loved by even dedicated Nintendo fans as it's previous systems.
    Too late...my Wii is no more.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you sell it? Or smash it?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol, sold it. $300 bucks with my five "games" and extra controller and nunchuck...
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    What if the audio tape contained a computer programme?

Normally with CDROMS and floppies you are allowed to make one backup copy, but this is stored as sound on a tape, so is it illegal to make a backup copy?

I would just think it would be a very good idea to make backup copies because I bought a game for the BBC and unfortunately the tape seems worn out and won't load properly

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    five "games"
    That is funny

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Then you are in the eyes of the law pirating it because you are duplicating the copy you own. Same for audio tapes. But that has always been the case, and it has always been illegal to record TV programs to video tape as the programs are copyright, but it is such a grey area that the whole Video Tape era happily taped programs from the TV and kept them on the tapes.
    Actually it is legal to tape something off a TV. A (sensible) exception to the law was made to allow it. Hence the existence of devices whose sole purpose is for recording & time-shifting TV (Sky+ etc.). I think there's legally a limit to the number of times you can watch it/keep it though which again is impossible to police.