Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be really useful if you could test some GBA games with it to see if they work. I don't think it is really a problem if they need converting to run though as it's a quick process and only needs to be done the once before adding each game to the card.

What makes the DSOne so good? I've not read much about this cart. I mainly know about the M3 range. The price definitely looks really appealing. Does it run all DS games you have tried?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    still yet to test the GBA ROM functionality on the DSOne card, will do it this evening

what makes the DSOne card fantastic is both the HCSD nature of the dongle (allowing upto 6GB in micro SD form)

the fact there has NOT been a rom it wont run!!! it has moon shell linux, which means if you want to spend the time you can configure a web browser, email, watch movies from the card / online etc. I know other dongles would give you moon shell, but this is the most aproachable to date!

plays MP3's etc you can even install a form of winamp too... it really releases the DS from the grip of Nintendo.

I could not rave enough about this card to be honest. it doesn't need a pass key or anything like that its as simple as plug and play, drag and drop, and thats it! fantastic!!!
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do NDS roms need converting before copying to the card, or will it run most standard formats of game rom?

Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im late to this post but i do have an M3 DS Simply card and it is fantastic. I managed to get the amiga versions of monkey island and beneath a steel sky running on a homebrew scumm engine too.
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do the M3 DS Simply cards run both NDS and GBA roms? And do they need a passme or other additional card for full software support?

Also I had another question. (sorry to hijack your thread a bit ghost).

I currently own a GBA flash linker and a couple of flash carts for it and use them on the original GBA. Will these work with the NDS if I were to just plug them in? Or is anything additional needed?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've just found a great guide to all things NDS flash cart related. I've posted details and the pdf download here. I hope you find it useful.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Do the M3 DS Simply cards run both NDS and GBA roms? And do they need a passme or other additional card for full software support?
    This is important. I can't be bothered to read the whole page ATM, just a yes or no answer wanted.

I'd really like to play Rhythm Tengoku (it's a GBA game) on my DS.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive just ordered the M3simpy from Mobymemory.com and the M3Real from Anytoys.com

Both with 2 gig cards. (MM ment to be out of stock so ordered new one, then they said been sent doh!) Given one to my daughter who has a DS

I have downloaded around 300+ DS games and around the same GBA games so Be fun thursday night when I get the cards and try them all out!
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice. Let me know what you think of the two cards once you have them. Also if you are looking for any more roms have a look on BitGamer as they have a torrent containing the complete scene releases for all NDS games to date, and it gets updated regularly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Nice. Let me know what you think of the two cards once you have them. Also if you are looking for any more roms have a look on BitGamer as they have a torrent containing the complete scene releases for all NDS games to date, and it gets updated regularly.

Got the M3 Simply today. Dosent come with any instructions on how to use it, so was wondering why it wasn't working to start off with.

Had to goto the m3 website and find I needed to install a os onto it.

Non of the Dls on the site seem to work for me, If someone can try the site and download the software that would be great. Its about a 16mb dl.

haven't got the Real yet. but the M3 seems to be good. Just dl some emulators for it and will be trying them soon.
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]