Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

I never heard from anyone if it was possible to run GBA roms on a DS card?
    Is it?
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure if it is or not. I don't own a NDS myself so have no way of testing if they can or not.

However I do know that you can get a HD Flash card that comes with many emulators built in including a GBA emulator, so an alternative could be to buy that and just run them games via emulation on the DS.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Harrison,

I plan to respond to your PM soon.

Regarding the emulator, how would that work on a DS?
    I have only played games so far you simply have to plug in, would there be some type of menu when you open the emulator?
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. Most flash cards for the NDS have a built in OS with a menu system so you can navigate the files you have copied onto the card and launch them. The ones with emulators have them on the card's own firmware so you can navigate to them using the cards OS and then run the emulators. You can also get quite a lot of open source home brew emulation and other software for the NDS.

It is very similar for the Sony PSP, except that instead of running a custom OS from the flash cart, on the PSP you normally run a hacked version of the main PSP OS that can run homebrew and emulation directly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still have so much still to learn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would VisualBoyAdvance work the same way on the DS as it works under Windows?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean run the Windows emulator VisualBoyAdvance on the DS? If so that isn't possible as the two are not compatible. You would need to use a GBA emulator written specifically for the DS.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aha, good that I asked that one.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have a look at http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/

Scroll down the page and you will see a large list of the emulators and other homebrew software available for the DS. The site also has lots of information about everything to do with the DS.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Btw, I need a GBA tosec or goodtools or another collection, do you know where I can get one? I'm still missing a complete set, UG and PD don't have any. Guess you have yours from Eggman.