Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Bands making a bit of a comeback

You know, I was checking out some of my older CDs the other day, and looking for new things to download.

Remember Ash (the three/four - now back to three again - piece from Ireland)? They are really quite a good band and seem to have fallen right out of the public eye even though their tracks often seem to crop up in movies, TV shows and games.

There was a torrent on the bay called "then and now" knocking about that is worth checking out, and I found there is a new album coming out soon. I'm looking forward to this.

Also - Kula Shaker too.... I quite liked some of their stuff and they are working on new material, doing a few gigs in Nodnol too.

What bands do you fondly remember? Any making a comeback? Any that you wish would (or maybe hadn't)?

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I quite liked Ash as well. Be interested to hear their new album.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There was a woman in Ash that I was fairly fond of. Didn't like her music though when she tried releasing her own stuff.

I always wondered what happened to The Devine Comedy. I had forgotten about them until I saw Neil Hannon in a sketch on The Catherine Tate Show, where the woman that always says "I can do that" played the drums for the band on the Jools Holland show.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Agram View Post
    There was a woman in Ash that I was fairly fond of. Didn't like her music though when she tried releasing her own stuff.

I always wondered what happened to The Devine Comedy. I had forgotten about them until I saw Neil Hannon in a sketch on The Catherine Tate Show, where the woman that always says "I can do that" played the drums for the band on the Jools Holland show.
    Divine Comedy had an album out bout 2 years ago. According to Wikipedia they also had one last year, but I didn't hear a single track off that on the radio.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a big fan of Ash. I have all of their albums, ep's and boot leg releases/downloads. Will be great finally seeing a new album release. Shame the female member of the band left as alternative style music always sounds better when their is a female backup vocalist in the band.

Another is The Pixies. They sadly broke up in 1993, but then reformed in 2004 but have yet to release a new album. They were planning to by scrapped the idea mid planning stage. I hope they do eventually get their act together and make some new tracks.

Iron Maiden also finally reformed with their old lead singer Bruce Dickinson which was a very welcome comeback. I had stopped listening to any new stuff they had released after he had original departed, but have now started to take an interest again.

Another that I do miss, and wish there had been a lot more music from, is a band some of you may not of heard of, My Bloody Valentine. Their music will always sit high up on my list of all time favourites and heavily inspired alternative rock/indie such as Ash.

And finally I have to mention one of my favourite bands for a long time, Curve. I originally came across Curve while listening to some late night radio in the early 90's. I purchased what i could find of their music (which was hard as much of their EP's were US only released that I sometimes found on import). They disappeared after their album Cuckoo didn't do as well as their first album, but then in 2001 released the great album Come Clean, followed by a few more LP and EP released. But they then seemed to disband again. I'm still trying to locate some of their later EP and album releases as they are quite hard to find.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Iron Maiden also finally reformed with their old lead singer Bruce Dickinson which was a very welcome comeback.
    He sings on the last 4 albums, it's some time he's back again