Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

The proudest pieces of your collection

Hello,

Everyone who is a little bit of a game collector has perhaps over the years bought or been given games that were perhaps very rare or special, these could be average games but also games that set standard.

I myself have such a number of games and I was wondering if people here also have a couple of classics that will never leave their collection.

Mine are;

Wasteland (new, in original plastic package)
    Sundog Frozen Legacy (similar)
    Chrono Trigger (old but still looking good and complete)
    Journeyman Project Pegasus Prime
    Super Metroid
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have an original of Chrono Trigger for the SNES? That is becoming very rare and the price is really shooting up. Some copies have gone on ebay for over £100.

I don't have any really rare games for older consoles. I probably have some for the Amiga but I don't really keep up with that the rare titles are.

I have some sort after and quite rare RPGs for the PSX. Tactics Ogre, Vanguard Bandits, Tales of Destiny, Vandal Hearts, Suikoden etc... Some of those are getting harder and harder to find and their prices are going up.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Vintage gamer and metal head LowercaseE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice one with Chrono Trigger! I'd love to have that someday but I doubt I'll ever spend that amount of money. Some of my prizes:

2 working Turbo Duos, one practically new in box with all accessories
    Beyond Shadowgate (Duo) - MINT condition with book and poster
    Dracula X (Duo) - also mint condition
    Street Fighter 2 CE (Duo) - mint condition
    Super Metroid
    Castlevania 1, 2, and 3 on NES
    Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, and 3 on NES
    Zelda 1 and 2 on NES
    original top loading NES, can't find box but I know I've got it somewhere
    --------DO NOT SUPPORT LIONSGATE FILMS-------

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't really keep up with what the rare titles are either, but I've heard the Kurushi games on the PSX are pretty rare, or fetch very good prices on e-bay at least. I have both, the original non-platinum releases. Opened and used a lot of course, but whole and still looking good.

Might just have other games that are considered rare too, but have no idea.

Hardware-wise, I managed to get my hands on a Commodore C128 a few weeks back. Those really aren't easy to find anymore. Only gave 200 Kr (£17-ish) for it, including a 1570 drive, some joysticks and a bunch of floppies. It works too. Pretty happy with that one.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a few items in my collection I'm very happy to own. Many of the titles I've collected for the Amiga are from the 80's and in very good condition. Of all the games though, there is one that stands out from the rest in my collection. It might not be the rarest one or anything like that, but it has a lot of nostalgic value for me. It is the Secret of Monkey Island 2. It is the complete package with a wheel, manuals, 11 disks and so on. I remember the day when I bought it and went home to play. It was awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I kind of have the same with my copy of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis for the PC, unfortunate not big box but it was the first game I got when I got a PC.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    Hardware-wise, I managed to get my hands on a Commodore C128 a few weeks back. Those really aren't easy to find anymore. Only gave 200 Kr (£17-ish) for it, including a 1570 drive, some joysticks and a bunch of floppies. It works too. Pretty happy with that one.
    That was a bargain, especially as it even came with the drive as many C64 and C128's sold these days don't come with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    it was the first game I got when I got a PC.
    I think the first game you get for any system is something special. I still have the first games I purchased for most of the systems I own with the exception of my 8-bit Amstrad CPC and my Atari ST as I sold both those systems a while ago with all the software.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually don't have much original games. Already at C64 times, I had 500 disks, but only copies, and I didn't have 1 original. I have some (about 30) tapes now which I got from a friend, but they are in a bad condition. They used to lie around at the attic, and also look that way. I once bought Racing Destruction Set on eBay, because this was one of my favorite C64 games.

As for the Amiga, I once bought an original, and that was Kick Off: Player Manager. I had to take the train to go to Germany to get the game, because here in Luxembourg, we had 2-3 computer shops at all, and they had of course no games.

But the whole trading in the schoolyard (almost dealing) was great, and I already had some friends at that time, which were into cracking and swapping, both C64 and later Amiga.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still have the mint condition Digiview gold, with packaging and manuals, and the colour wheel you need to use to take photos. I think thats pretty special :P.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Harrison,

Why did you sell your atari ST?