Poll: How did you find classicamiga?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    It is such a shame that GameFAQs declined and their boards are hardly ever worth visiting or posting on these days. So many little kids measuring each others "hardware" and fighting about who has the longest "cable".
    Sound a bit like when I'm at school with everyone talking about their Core Duo systems. And one person who has a laptop with 90 gigs of memory (not RAM) (or the other way round. i can't remember). And various people saying that the 8MHz processor that was in a system we looked at in ICT coursework was crap.

Anyway, I have been visiting the ClassicAmiga site since about 2002. It was definately before the forums were made though. Found it because I found harrison's original page via Google I think and it had a link to classicamigacom.

Joined the forums in March 2003.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I posted a few times on the Amiga gameFAQS boards and then one day Harrison popped up and started posting. Then he started his own site and I ended up posting there more and more frequently until at one point I did virtually nothing but make silly posts and topics on the old boards.

And what you guys have said about gameFAGS is 100% true, it used to be a great place but now the boards just are not worth bothering with. Although it is possible that the boards there have only gotten a little worse, but I have a much lower tolerance for them than I did all those years ago (indeed, the internet seemed new and wonderous back then, instant communication with people all over the world.... now it is just another easy resource, taken for granted).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was spending a lot of time looking for pc abandonware, and stumbled onto a link to classicamiga.
    This is not a signature

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lurked on the GameFAQs Amiga forum for a while, but never posted. I had the link to Classicamiga saved in my bookmarks, but didn't decide to sign up until very recently. I guess I was bored

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad you finally decided to sign up, as the Gamefaqs amiga board is very lame and there are many blockheads lurking around. And it's also good to see new members registering and also posting something.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol, what an impression Classicamiga made on you then
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Searching for assistance on something or other.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I chose other because i am always looking at games past and present on search engines and some how I found classicamiga.com.

Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe a bit late to this post but I found this awesome site because of a mention on game central. Thanks to whoever wrote in I now have a spiffy A1200 with a HD and an unnatural desire to buy upgrades...
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it looks like I'm the new kid. I came across the site doing a google search for AmigaOS.