Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are there actually that many uncapped services in the UK?

I am thinking of switching my internet connection to F9's cheaper package which allows just about 2GB for £10 a month and then just pay the extra 75p/GB if I need any more. I have hardly used the internet for anything other than looking at 2 or 3 forums, IRC and email and my usage rarly exeeds 2GB. No point in paying for what you don't use.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I second that. If you keep advertising that broadband is all excellent, but no one can use it...ppl will get pissed off....
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    Are there actually that many uncapped services in the UK?

I am thinking of switching my internet connection to F9's cheaper package which allows just about 2GB for £10 a month and then just pay the extra 75p/GB if I need any more. I have hardly used the internet for anything other than looking at 2 or 3 forums, IRC and email and my usage rarely exceeds 2GB. No point in paying for what you don't use.
    That is a good price if you definitely are not going to need much bandwidth each month. But if you do switch to such a low monthly bandwidth remember you are on it before downloading anything like a Linux distro

As for uncapped services in the UK. There are not many left at all these days and it is getting harder to find them. Business broadband is offered uncapped by some, but you pay a premium for such services. Demon offer uncapped home office broadband which is £25 a month but with mild fair use policies, Pipex offer a similar broadband package but their fair use policies seem stricter, and AOL offer uncapped services but we all know what they are like!

I think some cable services and ADSL2+ connections are uncapped, but you tend to pay more for those and they are only available in some areas.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    As for uncapped services in the UK. There are not many left at all these days and it is getting harder to find them. Business broadband is offered uncapped by some, but you pay a premium for such services. Demon offer uncapped home office broadband which is £25 a month but with mild fair use policies, Pipex offer a similar broadband package but their fair use policies seem stricter, and AOL offer uncapped services but we all know what they are like!
    The company I had before was uncapped but only 512kb/s speed. I switched to Eclipse about 7/8 months ago who do have a FU policy, but they've never contacted me using despite fairly heavy usage (i.e. uTorrent running most of the time). I guess if it was 24x7 downloading they might get upset.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    This telewest (well, Virgin Media) tarriff is (or was) supposedly unlimited. I've certainly never heard anything from them, although my torrenting varies wildly from next to nothing for weeks, then heavy overnight torrenting running at nearly maximum speed and getting gigs and gigs. I use it fairly heavily, but don't rape it 24/7.