Poll: How did you get your first Amiga?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that would be telling!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Turbo XT "clones" had just become available. I went to a computer store in a nearby big city, where you could pick out all the components to build your own "IBM clone". After selecting all my components, the guy in the store asked me if I had considered an Amiga. I didn't know what an Amiga was, so he showed me the Amiga 1000. The color GUI blew me away (PC's were still text based, and just beginning to provide color). Then the guy in the store grabbed the Workbench with the mouse and drug it down to reveal a picture of a naked woman behind the Workbench, and that sealed the deal

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best and Saddest Christmas I Ever Dad

My wife bought me my first Amiga for Christmas in 1989 and I got to use it three times before my Unit and I got shipped off to Desert Shield/Storm from Germany with the 2nd Support Command and I really did not want to leave my family alone in Germany but had too. I got back six months later and everyone and everything was doing very well. I have bought several Amiga's since that date and own both a Amiga 500 Plus and an Amiga 2500 fully loaded and both are up an running as I type this blog. Does anyone have "World Games" for sale on this site or "Robin Hood: Conquest of the Longbow" , both of these games were stolen from me during a move from Germany back to the States from my household goods.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are looking for some specific games I highly recommend taking a look at our sister site http://www.amibay.com You can post a wanted advert for any software you are looking for (if you want originals). Otherwise you could download the games as ADF files and then convert them back into floppy disks for use on the real Amiga.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Amiga Geru, I need to find out if the games for sale by places like you mentioned PAL or NTSC, I can't run PAL formated disk on my Amiga. I also need to know how you get on the site, I've tried until I'm blue in the face.

Mark

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you register with Amibay, you then need to wait for one of us to authorise your registration before you can post. It's a security measure due to recent events with unhappy ex-members using multiple accounts to annoy the site.

If you post a wanted advert on amibay, just ask for NTSC games and I'm sure someone will come forward to help you out. And also feel free to post in any topics advertising games for sale, to ask them if they are NTSC versions.

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    we got one with my older brother

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's quite a bonus... to get an Amiga bundled with your older brother!

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    lol, what's even better, he payed for it!

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My father back in 1991. I was 13 years-old, so no money from my own.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]