Poll: How did you get your first Amiga?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Passed 2 years in front off a shop looking at a wonderfull A500, when finaly convinced my parents to buy me a A500, lucky or not the seller only had an amiga 600 so my first amiga was a A600 1Mb (this was in 1994 and the cost was 299€ at current). Some months late i brought a 2nd hand 1084s cause my parents thinked the computer could cause damage tho the tv (and i didn't say otherwise ). A Year later exchanged my a600 for a 2nd hand A1200 (my current amiga). I still own the 1084s.

Harmless Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can remember this well as I had a Commodore plus4 at the time so had been buying all the magazines. As soon as I saw a review of sword of sodan I had to have an amiga so borrowed the money off my uncle and got a 500 and never looked back.

As soon as the 1200 was announced I had just started working so could afford to buy one as soon as they came out.

Cheers.

Paul.
    Vic20,C64,C16,C+4,C64c,C128,C128D,2xA1000,A3000D,6xA500,2xA500+,
    A1500,A600,2xA1200,CD32,CDTV.

Mum said "If I buy a computer, will you be able to do your homework on it?"

I said "Yes! Of course I will!"

SUCKER!!

Competent Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got one as a birthday present when I was five. And the rest, as they cliche, is history.
    I've lost my smile again...

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Burns Flipper

Very similar here. But much earlier. In the mid 80's my parents saw that PCs were quickly becoming popular and so looked at the options available. They really wanted to buy me a BBC Micro "to do my school work on" but couldn't afford one, so I ended up with an Amstrad CPC464 for Christmas. Glad they did as the game catalogue was much bigger and it had a colour monitor.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

and did you do any homework on it?

I didn't...unless you class "Empire building" as homework.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't remember doing any on the CPC464, but I did use my ST and then Amiga a lot for homework. Especially graphics and word processing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think one of the reasons I have teken so much care with my computers was that I bought them all myself, as no-one could afford to buy me one for birthday or christmas. Having said that, I did buy one of my consoles TWICE!
    This is not a signature

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did 4 magazines with each 20-25 pages on the C64 using a program called Newspaper and using a Commodore MPS-803 printer.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by v85rawdeal View Post
    I think one of the reasons I have taken so much care with my computers was that I bought them all myself...
    That is a very good point. I also took care of all of my Amiga's and other systems due to saving up and buying them myself.

Those that I knew who's parents just bought them an Amiga because "it was what they wanted", and they were spoilt little rich kids, didn't take any care using them because they knew that if it was broken their parents would just buy them another, or something else that was that weeks much have item.

I do remember on kid I went to school with taking his new Amiga back a week after it was purchased and getting a refund. Why? Because it crashed during a game! What did he replace it with? A NES! Go Figure.