Poll: Who created the best Amiga games?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After Amiga years, yes, but what about before?
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They developed and published many games, as well as publishing many for other people. Some they developed themselves include Stryx, Microcosm, Nitro, Novastorm, Obliterator, and they co-developed quite a few such as Shadow of the Beast, which was between them and Ubisoft Reflections.

And even Lemmings was actually co-developed between them and Rockstar North.
    Last edited by Harrison; 22nd June 2011 at 10:18.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup, but possible the best Psygnosis games were done, not by Psygnosis itself, but by DMA Design or Reflections.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    True. Reflections and DMA did produce some great games. For Psygnosis I think we can both agree that when we used to see a game with their name on you could pretty much guarantee it would be worth playing and a polished release.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought the same exactly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Titus (run and hide before being kill with fire)
    Amiga 1000 (stock), Amiga 1200 (ACA1233, Indi Scandoubler, CF IDE, Netrunner)
    Lenovo laptop (Ubuntu 14.1, FS-UAE configured to emulate my A1200 for code writing on the go)

Current project: re-learn 68k ASM and C on Amiga after shelving it for the past 25 years.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, they did have some good game releases among their rubbish.

My favourite was the puzzle game Titan. I played that for a long time before actually beating the game, and it was hard.

And their mascot game "Titus the Fox" was a pretty decent platformer on the Amiga, although I understand it wasn't so great on some other platforms such as the Game boy.

Definitely not the best developer by any means, but some good stuff.

There was also a top down multi-directional shooter called Battlestorm which was obviously based on Xevious and a few other arcade shooters with the multi-directional movement, and even the graphic styling, but it was still quite good.