Poll: Who created the best Amiga games?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It helps when the one you want is on the list, LOL

Merlin
    Old Amigas never die, they just get modded....

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I cannot decide which one to take

Downloads
    Uploads
    I voted for the Bipmap Brothers, although it was a tough choice, primarily because I remember them to be a consistent force for the Amiga.

I would have chosen GameTek, but I would have choosing them on the strength of just one game, Frontier, and that doesnt smack of real consistency.
    This is not a signature

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a bloody hard choice to be sure. I went with Team 17 just based on 2 games, Body Blows and Alien Breed 3D. Body Blows was at its best in two player. I may not have chose them if I didnt have a mate to play Body Blows with regularly because otherwise it was too frustrating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

But remember, shoot or die!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so Team 17 did that game? I couldnt remember who it was by....that was good fun that one
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would have thought Microprose would be onthe list.
    Civilization?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I couldn't include every Amiga developer/publisher, hence the inclusion of the "Other" option if you thought another deserved the vote over those listed. In picking the ones I included I tried to include the ones who had released a lot of good games on the Amiga rather than just one or two titles.

Microprose maybe should have been in the list though as they did release some great titles. And especially as it was co founded by Sid Meier! Civilization, Railroad Tycoon, X-Com etc... all great games. And Microprose Golf was a favourite of mine that I played many times over the years. And not forgetting that they also released Geoff Crammond's Formula One! Oh and their label Microstyle, which saw releases such as Rick Dangerous 2 and Stunt Car Racer.

This poll was always going to generate many memories of developers/publishers that are not included purely because there were so many great companies involved with the development of Amiga games that I couldn't include them all.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sensible's games always had a strong sense of fun. I adored Wizkid, Mega-lo-mania was great, cannon fodder was pretty good too and Sensible Soccer acquired a near legendary status (although I never actually got all that into it as I didn't really get into footy until later on).

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very hard choice, but I voted for Bitmap Brothers, because of the consistent quality of their games.

I'd have to honorably mention Sensible Software and Bullfrog as well, though. These are the rare kind of developers whom you can always trust to deliver quality stuff.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved the Bitmap Brothers graphical style with the shiny metal and character sprite design being mirrored across all of their games. Same was true of Sensible with a lot of their games sharing the little people graphics. Most developers these days just don't seem to have a unique design style that you can instantly recognise their games from in quite the same way as Amiga developers managed.

And it is very true about delivering quality stuff. You were almost guaranteed that purchasing a new game from the best Amiga developers would get you a brilliant game. Even without first reading reviews. Shame that isn't the case any more.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!