Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool cool, sounds like a good idea! cheers.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    alex-at-classicamiga.com

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    will do

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, couldnt find the other topic this was being posted in but...Alex, I am in the process of uploading the Wings manual to the site...I tried to upload a single zip but my net was being stupid....so I have had to do it page by page, my apologies. I scanned most of the pages two at a time so its not too bad.

EDIT: Its up in Submeg folder...I also have these manuals:

* F/A-18
    * Battlehawks 1942
    * Don Bluth's Dragons Lair (also have box, but its slightly damaged)

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks I didn't realise it was as long as it was! The one we had on the old site was only 20 pages so thanks for taking the time to scan all 80! I'll try to get the scans cleaned up and package them into a .pdf over the weekend.

As for the other manuals - I'm sure they'd be just as appreciated. If the box of Dragon's lair isn't totally wrecked, it's quite possible it can be cleaned up using Photoshop, although if anyone else has a cleaner version then that'd obviously be easier.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I may have a better set of Dragon's Lair box scans. I will have a look.

BTW, I have a new easier idea for adding box scans and other media into the site compared to the current method of having to manually add the html each time. I'm going to test the idea on my local server to see if it works, and if so it will generate the required html for you so you will just need to enter the actual file location and nothing else. If this works I will then add it to the site next week.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wait til I do the Battlehawks 1942...that is 130 pages...

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I may have a better set of Dragon's Lair box scans. I will have a look.

BTW, I have a new easier idea for adding box scans and other media into the site compared to the current method of having to manually add the html each time. I'm going to test the idea on my local server to see if it works, and if so it will generate the required html for you so you will just need to enter the actual file location and nothing else. If this works I will then add it to the site next week.
    I did notice that the majority of boxes are roughly the same shape (unnoticable difference at thumbnail size) so often reuse previous code with just the location changed (with the pixels etc. the same).

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The idea I have to to instead write a php script that takes the image name, generates a thumbnail, and then inserts it into the page with the lightbox code. The only thing required on the edit screen would be an input box for the original image filename and another for the image title (shown under the image and below the lightbox view.

The code would obtain the image dimensions and work out the thumbnail size, therefore inserting the correct sizes, and the code would automatically create the correct link code with alt and title properties.

But I do need to test if this will work as I haven't tried combining php inside the template structure of the games section yet so am not sure if it might break.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to check what the layout is.

I've guessed it to be:

Front Cover, Blank Page, Inside Cover, Blank Page, Credits, Contents, pge2-3... pg 76, Index of photos.

Am I right?