Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Old Skool Magazines

I just registered at Old Skool UK (if someone knows the site), to take a look at their ASCII magazines. They've released number 5 recently, and the admin posted on which sites he already posted links to the mags. So I proposed to post the links into our main site if he wished, and he agreed.

I will post the magazines on the main site then, but if you want the links also posted here in the forum, I'll make a sticky thread for the mag releases.

Btw, the admin visited our site and was very pleased, here the comment:
    Had a quick look at Classic Amiga before and looks a very polished site, will pop in again later and have a better shmooze around.
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 7th May 2007 at 16:41.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome, the more ppl know about the better it will be....nice.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I added the news to our main site, and also let the admin know, if he wishes to contribute something to our site, he'd be greatly welcome. Sites like HOL and Lemon don't have his ASCII newsletters posted, so I thought it would be great to be able to use them, as they're very good and nostalgic.

Here's what he wrote:
    Anyone willing to devote time and effort into promoting a site like yours, deserves loads of input and you have a lot of variety on there and plenty of scope for expansion - great stuff!

Thanks for adding my prod to your list. Hopefully, the more nostalgic users should appreciate the vibe and not completely miss the point like others (*cough RC55).

A link swap would be cool and I'll gladly add Classic Amiga to our list in return.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice find. It is always great to see people still creating some nice content and artwork using pure ASCII code.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also member Merlin from the Old Skool board registered now. He mailed me because he was asking if he had to register twice (main site and forum), and I told him that it's still the case. When will that finally be changed?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That depends. At the moment the forum and the main site are hosted on completely different servers so they cannot share a common login for both.

Once the main site eventually moves to the dedicated server it would then be possible to relocate the forum onto the same server and set both up to share the same login.

The downside of this is that if the server goes down, crashes etc then both the site and forum will go down together, whereas at the moment if one goes down the other stays up as they don't share anything. The other issue with linking both into a shared account is issues regarding upgrading either the main site or the forum software as, depending on the software used to bridge the accounts between the two, upgrading can only be possible once the developer of the bridging software upgrades it to support both.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi guys, I have figured it out now, thanks Demon Cleaner.....

Merlin
    Old Amigas never die, they just get modded....

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, welcome to the boards, glad you finally got here. In the above post you can read why you have to double register

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool, that looks like something I will have to check out...when I have some free time in a month or so lol
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/