Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One question? With Submeg trying to obtain the hiscores in all games, it does show a slightly annoying thing that happens when a member has a lot of hiscores. Their posts get very big due to the number of game icons in their avatar bar.

I'm not sure I can do this, but if it is possible would everyone be OK with me changing this so it only displayed the last 10 or 20 games won? The rest will be visible in the member's profile and in the arcade.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    One question? With Submeg trying to obtain the hiscores in all games, it does show a slightly annoying thing that happens when a member has a lot of hiscores. Their posts get very big due to the number of game icons in their avatar bar.

I'm not sure I can do this, but if it is possible would everyone be OK with me changing this so it only displayed the last 10 or 20 games won? The rest will be visible in the member's profile and in the arcade.
    Definitely. Was going to suggest something similar, but never got round to doing so. The clutter under the avatar bar means that the bar is often 4 times as long as the post. I also think the gifts (the console images) could possibly go also as they're quite big and add little to the profile of the person I feel.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You do have the option to hide the gifts so they don't show under the avatar if you wish.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea thats cool, um....maybe you could group them like they are in the arcade. For example, have an icon for retro and when you roll over the icon it tells you how many of those types you have won, which you can then click on to take you to either the rankings page or the member's profile?

Some ideas for the icons:

General: question mark (dont know about this one)
    Action: A.L.I.A.S 3 icon
    Classic Arcade: Space Invaders icon
    Board Games: A die or the othello icon
    Puzzle: Plumber 2 icon
    Shoot Em Up: Commando Arena icon
    Platform: Transylmania icon
    Pinball: Chingy Powerballin icon
    Cards: Patience Delux icon
    Fighting: Way of the stick icon
    Racing: GiG Racer icon
    Sports: Shooting Hoops
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Umm... Not sure that is easily possible (without a lot of time and coding) but it is a good idea and definitely one I will consider adding if I can.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also found that posts get very long, mainly Submeg's, as he own almost all the high scores.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know where the code is that controls the display of the icons, but as I didn't code it myself I don't want to start playing around with it until I know what each part does. I therefore have been looking through the support forums for information on this and although there are many posts relating to people having trouble getting the icons to display, there is not anything on limiting the number shown. I've therefore posted the question asking if anyone knows a simple way to do this. Hopefully I will find out soon.

However I do know where the number of icons per row is set within the code and have therefore changed this from 5 to 6 icons per row which will hopefully reduce the length of posts slightly. I did try 7 per row, but it then started to increase the width of the avatar area giving less room to the actual posts, which I didn't want to happen.

Failing this I can always remove the icons completely and just show the current overall trophy winner icons instead, but I do quite like the little game icons under each users avatar.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Or I could just stop posting for a while to it gets worked out...lol
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Na, that's OK. I don't mind that the posts are long, it would just be visually better if they could be reduced. I've asked in the arcade developers forum and others have also requested the same feature, so hopefully it will be added in the next release of the arcade software.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would certainly welcome this for when I'm reading posts. Most of the posts in this topic are more than twice as big as the actual written content or the post. Which is annoying.