Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beat em Up challenge

Ok, all this talk about Mortal Kombat has gotten me ready for a good beat em up rematch with my gf.

I have:

- Tekken Tag
    - Tekken 5
    - Street Fighter Ex3
    - Mortal Kombat: Armaggedon
    - Bloody Roar (Nintendo Gamecube)

I have a PS2 and a Wii...what other beat em ups should I obtain on those systems for a full day Beat Em Up comp?
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Soul Calibur 3 on the PS2 is a brilliant game and definitely one to add to your list. I'm a big fan of this series right back to the first game in the arcade as Soul Edge, and on the PS1 as Soul Blade, and the first brilliant sequel, Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast.

Virtua Fighter 4, again on PS2. Another great series that has always been slightly different to others, requiring a bit more practice to pull off the better moves of each character. I've always like the multi height levels in this series.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah my good fellow this is my expert subject! The Guilty Gear series, in particular Guilty Gear X. That particular version cut out the cheesy moves and the characters had yet to be serverly nerfed. Classic Street Fighter 2 in any incarnation is always fun if you want simple pick up and play.Other than that you have a solid set to beat her up with. That last sentence sounded a tad bad lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

But remember, shoot or die!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So Soul Calibur 3, Virtua Fighter 4 and Guilty Gear X....excellent. Trust me it wont be that easy! She is quite the good player...she owns me at Tekken, I am just a poor n00b.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm no big beat'em up fan, but I can second Soul Calibur (2 or 3).

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I completely forgot about Guilty Gear X. That is definitely another great series with a nice hand drawn Japanese style, a large selection of characters, and a lot of more advanced and complex moves to learn. I do especially like the 2D Japanese anime/hand drawn style beat em ups, especially anything made by SNK.

There is also a few more on the PS2 worth looking at. The Dragon Ball series, King of Fighters, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Dead or Alive, and Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Submeg View Post
    So Soul Calibur 3, Virtua Fighter 4 and Guilty Gear X....excellent. Trust me it wont be that easy! She is quite the good player...she owns me at Tekken, I am just a poor n00b.
    I know where you can download the pc version of Guilty Gear x if you want the link
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yea Dragon Ball...dead or alive is annoying because only 2 came out on PS2!! Grr! Im going to go today and look, there are a few that I know he has! I know he has DOA and Virtua Fighter.

Cheers Toasty, that would be cool, but I need it on PS2 as playing on laptops doesnt really work! But I can always "test" the game hehe

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/...ty_gear_x.html

You'll need to read the instructions on the downloading.

This involves downloading and using their (extremley small) client program and posting a link from their site on say a forum like, oohh this one! That'll enable you to download it. It'll make more sense when you check out the site. Their paypal option has dissapeared sadly now you have to do this 'posting to promote us' thing
    and it's only good for one game each time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    cheers. how frustrating....Cant wait for 11! can go get games! Yes!