Thread: 50th Birthday

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

50th Birthday

Yesterday was finally my 50th birthday. Many seem to get hung up on becoming 50 but I'm not sure why. It's no different to being 49 other then now being about to buy cheaper insurance and go on Saga holidays!

Anyway, we visited my sister to wish her Happy Christmas and then went out for dinner with my parents. I had an Ultimate Mixed Grill which I'd been fancying for a long time. It had enough meat for a whole week, it was huge! But I still managed to finish most of iy. But I felt very uncomfortable for the rest of the day and won't be wanting to eat that again any time soon.

My wife bought me an Ancestry DNA kit so I can trace my family heritage. I bought her one 2 years ago and was a bit jealous of all the information it uncovered about her family, so I'm looking forward to doing this. We have both been tracing our family trees for some time and have managed to go back to about the 17th century for most branches, and right back to the 13th for a couple.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Yesterday was finally my 50th birthday. Many seem to get hung up on becoming 50 but I'm not sure why. It's no different to being 49 other then now being about to buy cheaper insurance and go on Saga holidays!

Anyway, we visited my sister to wish her Happy Christmas and then went out for dinner with my parents. I had an Ultimate Mixed Grill which I'd been fancying for a long time. It had enough meat for a whole week, it was huge! But I still managed to finish most of iy. But I felt very uncomfortable for the rest of the day and won't be wanting to eat that again any time soon.

My wife bought me an Ancestry DNA kit so I can trace my family heritage. I bought her one 2 years ago and was a bit jealous of all the information it uncovered about her family, so I'm looking forward to doing this. We have both been tracing our family trees for some time and have managed to go back to about the 17th century for most branches, and right back to the 13th for a couple.
    Finally there Happy 50th.

With the “Ultimate Mixed Grill” I suppose you mean Indian food? You guys overseas love that.

And how does that ancestry DNA thingie work exactly? Never heard of it before. Does that work only for you UK guys?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, a mixed grill is a large selection of fried meat. This normally includes: steak, gammon, sausages, chicken, lamb chops, mushrooms, black pudding, fried egg, chips and often a few other things. This ultimate mixed grill also added spare ribs.

The Ancestry DNA comes in the post as a kit. You have to swab the inside of your mouth and send the sample off to be dna tested. You then get an email when the results are ready and log into the Ancestry website to see the results and to see who you have been matched with who have also done the test and have an account. Not sure about other countries being able to do it. The Ancestry DNA kits are posted from the Netherlands so is EU based.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Belated Birthday Wishes on your half-century achievement.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy 50th mate. Half a century aye.