Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
I literally gave away my old Toshiba 29" Home Cinema TV this morning.

It's been sitting in my parents house for years, and I kind of kept it there with the plan of one day using it for retro gaming, but it was huge and heavy and I really didn't want it taking up loads of space so I finally decided to find it a new home. It was still in great condition with manual, remote surround speakers etc. I found a CRT group on Facebook and advertised it. Loads of interest, and after a few dead ends someone local to my parents has now got it.
We donated our beautiful & immaculate 42" Pioneer Plasma screen to Cornwall Air Ambulance four weeks back. - All for a good cause I guess, but..... *sigh*
Was it a Kuro?

I loved plasma screens, I really did.
Pioneer Kuro PDP-428XD 42" 720p HD Plasma, It did 1080i & still looked Awesome left to right (Progressive = V-sync equivalent)..... *sigh* - Yes J T ..... They were a fantastic Display Panel in every manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Just think of the energy savings. Those Plasmas used more then the old CRTs, although they did get so warm you probably offset the heating bill.
A window fitter bust the under window radiator in our rear master bedroom. The Plasma kept the room more than warm enough & did 7 years with no Radiator on the Central Heating loop!