Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sickness

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I made the test this morning and it's positive, to no surprise, I have very bad headaches which I usually don't plus I'm still having this high fever which is quite exhausting, and this ****ing coughing which I had now for 8 weeks due to the embolism and it was finally better for one week, now it returned because of this.

Started playing Starfield on Sunday, got 4 hours in and I really wanted to continue with the game, but like this I have absolutely zero energy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This will not help your current health DC.

Deb & I have had all the symptoms again this last fortnight but still don't test positive for it. - There is another Global outbreak but a different strain this time around.

Mask up everyone & stay away from social gatherings!
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How you feeling these days DC?

Hopefully in a better position than you last few posts on this thread.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    How you feeling these days DC?

Hopefully in a better position than you last few posts on this thread.
    Feeling better, yes. Tomorrow I will see the internist and I will know more, had to make genetic blood tests to see where the thrombosis eventually came from, my house doctor got a part of the results last week and thought it looked like it could be thrombophilia but as parts were still missing (genetic blood tests take several weeks), and she's no hematologist she said I probably have to wait until I see the internist.

If it is a thrombophilia I would need to take the blood thinners my whole life, which is not the end of the world but also not ideal. Last weekend we went away to Germany for 3 days and I was driving around 100km, after arriving in the hotel room my leg was hurting, swollen and blue again, so I still have to pay attention to not overdo stuff. Apparently you should not take a plane for at least the first 6 months, girlfriend wants to fly to Finland for Christmas so that's another thing I have to ask tomorrow.

The risk of blood clots shooting up from the leg now is very minimal as I take my pills already since almost 2 months, so hopefully that will not be an issue, although the fear of it is still existing, I guess even more for my girlfriend, who worries a lot still when something like last weekend happens.

I'm also back to work since 2 and a half weeks now but only working home office still until the 6th of November, then back to 3 days home and 2 to work. It's convenient this way as I can lie down on the couch, don't have to sit all the time and it's better if something would happen, my parents just live across the street.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's some encouraging news in there thankfully & don't forget, you could always take a cruise to Finland fella. - At least it would appease the lady in your life!

As a matter of interest, are you diabetic?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    As a matter of interest, are you diabetic?
    Nope. At least not yet

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's good news you are starting to feel better. My mum has been on blood thinners for years and she has to be careful not to knock or bump into things a she bruises easily. Also you have to watch if you get any cuts as they bleed longer and take longer to heal.

Going to Finland, how long would a train journey take? I can imagine that would take some amazing scenery. But obviously far longer then by plane.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Went to the internist today, genetic blood tests seem fine although I have to take another one in 4-6 weeks. As my calf is still very swollen I need to go to an echography again, there might be something that causes some pressure. If so it could be that I need to change the blood thinners to some different ones.

Flying is ok at the moment she said, but if I would need to change the blood thinners, then I shouldn't take the plane, explanation probably coming if it happens. Going back to the internist the 5th of December for further results.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Went to the internist today, genetic blood tests seem fine although I have to take another one in 4-6 weeks. As my calf is still very swollen I need to go to an echography again, there might be something that causes some pressure. If so it could be that I need to change the blood thinners to some different ones.

Flying is ok at the moment she said, but if I would need to change the blood thinners, then I shouldn't take the plane, explanation probably coming if it happens. Going back to the internist the 5th of December for further results.
    We're now in the 6 week bracket D C....

Hopefully all is good fella?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Feeling ok at the moment.

Went back to echography which is also "fine", still arteries that are scarred but eventually stay like that but which is apparently ok. Doctor cancelled my appointment on the 5th of December, told me there's no need at the moment, I only need to take another blood test next year and also another echography and only see her back on the 27th of February. Last blood test didn't show any mutations but some false positives, which is a good thing.

No need to change medication which in my opinion is already a good thing. Hopefully the next blood test will also be good, why wouldn't it but you never know, and I could stop the medication after 6 months instead of taking it for the rest of my life.