Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But how do you read your previous saves that are already existing?
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean from your old cards? Well that's the problem isn't it. If you're able to get the saves from your cards onto your PC, then you can transfer them to the PS3. But of course, most people aren't able to do that. Getting that adaptor is the only solution it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison
    But I think most people would just use one virtual card per game so that wouldn't really be much of an issue.
    Agree. But I know the way I usually find out that a card is full is when a game fails to save onto it. Being able to switch virtual cards without quitting the game would be good then. I did check yesterday, and you can in fact do that so no problem then.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm...that sucks, especially when I have 50+ hours of gameplay on FFX and finished MGS and all its variants many times to unlock items..
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In which case you will need to buy the memory card adaptor for the PS3 so you can transfer from over.

That is good that you can switch virtual cards while in a game. Does it also allow the creation of a new virtual card while in a game?
    the way I usually find out that a card is full is when a game fails to save onto it.
    I tend to be the same with memory cards, only realising I'm out of space while playing a game. It has been annoying recently because I completely ran out of space on all of my PS2 memory cards mid game so lost 3 hours of gameplay on the RPG Steambot Chronicles. I really should check such things before starting to play a game for hours.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe Sony (or a third party) could, shock horror, take a leaf out of Microsoft's book and produce a controller for the PS3 that has a memory card slot.

There are probably hundreds of reasons why not, but hey, it would work for me.
    This is not a signature

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That method worked fine on the N64, Dreamcast and Xbox so I cannot see why they couldn't do it. Equally I would like to see a PS3 pad with rumble added back in!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Equally I would like to see a PS3 pad with rumble added back in!
    I think they're gonna add the feature in their next controller releases.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison
    Does it also allow the creation of a new virtual card while in a game?
    No, it doesn't. Best to have at least one with plenty of space handy. When choosing which card to assign from that ingame menu it also lists how much space is left on each one, so at least you don't have to keep trying them all until you find one with enough space on it.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    When choosing which card to assign from that ingame menu it also lists how much space is left on each one, so at least you don't have to keep trying them all until you find one with enough space on it.
    That's good, I remember having an 8MB memory card on the PS1, and having to cycle through the pages trying to find a free space. The refresh in the memory card manager was about 20 seconds per page.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember the same. I also had a 8MB memory card for the PS1 and often had to do that to find space. Quite annoying, but better than having a stack of 8 cards.