Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    WAIT! imagine if they remade VII in HD!!!! DROOOOOL!
    I think they will. I read something about it.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Submeg
    Thank god for that...otherwise it would have been impossible to play FFXII
    Just want to point out that you can save PS2 and PS1 games on the PS3. You can create virtual ps1 and ps2 memorycards on the PS3 HD, and assign them to virtual memorycard-slots which the PS1 and PS2 emulators will recognise as the real thing. It's just transferring your old saves from real memorycards that's the problem.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure about that. There are always rumours about FFVII floating around, but Square/Enix did state that it was the end of FFVII when FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus was released.

But with such a famous franchise and such a huge fan base for that specific game in the series I think they would be mad not to build on it and either remake the original VII, or create an epic sequel that incorporated the original, but updated version.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is what I read:
    Square-Enix announced their company strategies shifted in remakes of PS1 RPGs today. So FF VII is confirmed.

PS3 gets FF VII in 1080p with Unreal Engine 3 style graphics. (Square-Enix licensed this from Epic.) Final Fantasy XIII uses the white engine.

The Final Fantasy VII demo was using an early white engine build. This new game will look like Gears of War.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just do a remake...the game was soooo good, yet sooo bad at the same time. If only you could see where you were going...
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Submeg
    Thank god for that...otherwise it would have been impossible to play FFXII
    Just want to point out that you can save PS2 and PS1 games on the PS3. You can create virtual ps1 and ps2 memorycards on the PS3 HD, and assign them to virtual memorycard-slots which the PS1 and PS2 emulators will recognise as the real thing. It's just transferring your old saves from real memorycards that's the problem.
    Cool, I didn't know about that feature. That is definitely a great solution and much better than needing to rely on the older legacy memory cards. It also means you don't have to hunt for ages to find a card with some space on it.

Are the virtual cards created with the same amount of space as the originals? 15 blocks for PS1 and 8MB for PS2? or can they be creating in different sizes?

I will still probably get a legacy card reader for the PS3 once I get one just so I can transfer all my saves over.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    This is what I read:
    Square-Enix announced their company strategies shifted in remakes of PS1 RPGs today. So FF VII is confirmed.

PS3 gets FF VII in 1080p with Unreal Engine 3 style graphics. (Square-Enix licensed this from Epic.) Final Fantasy XIII uses the white engine.

The Final Fantasy VII demo was using an early white engine build. This new game will look like Gears of War.
    Ah, I remember the news that Square-Enix had licensed the Unreal 3 engine. This will be really cool if it becomes reality.

Lets just hope they don't change their minds and instead release a poorly realised port on the DS instead! FF3 anyone?

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea that would be a shame...
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison
    Are the virtual cards created with the same amount of space as the originals? 15 blocks for PS1 and 8MB for PS2? or can they be creating in different sizes?
    No, they're just the standard 15-block/8MB ones. But you can create as many as you want. And then you just choose which to assign to which slot. There's a Memory Card Utility in the PS3 Menu that does the job, and does all the managing of them. Once created you can manage them just like you could with the real ones, browse them, copy saves from one to the other and so on.

I haven't needed to, but needing to change cards while in-game may be a problem. I'm not sure if you can do that, or have to quit to the PS3 menu in order to do it. Will have to check.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But I think most people would just use one virtual card per game so that wouldn't really be much of an issue.