Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is true. Although there is always something about working in a large computer room with rows of them and the hum of all the fans and hdds.
    Yeah, i get that - there's something about the loud clicking and whirring, especially of computers from the late 90s, that I find warm and charming (nostalgia, of course).

Not that I'd want to go back to that, but sometimes it's nice to have an audible cue that the computer is doing something, especially when it's working hard. The macbook air I'm typing this on is by comparison an astonishing machine and so so silent BUT sometimes I feel like I want to know it's actually exerting itself.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's similar to the unnerving silence of EV cars. Some are so quiet as they start moving it just seems strange. I want to hear an engine accelerating. To be able to hear the power.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    That is true. Although there is always something about working in a large computer room with rows of them and the hum of all the fans and hdds.
    Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    Yeah, i get that - there's something about the loud clicking and whirring, especially of computers from the late 90s, that I find warm and charming (nostalgia, of course).

Not that I'd want to go back to that, but sometimes it's nice to have an audible cue that the computer is doing something, especially when it's working hard. The macbook air I'm typing this on is by comparison an astonishing machine and so so silent BUT sometimes I feel like I want to know it's actually exerting itself.
    Yeah yeah.... Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    It's similar to the unnerving silence of EV cars. Some are so quiet as they start moving it just seems strange. I want to hear an engine accelerating. To be able to hear the power.
    As you wish.....

https://www.sound-booster.com/en/set...c-vehicle.html
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.