Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't get into Minecraft at all until my son became interested via Youtube. I tried it out a few times over the years, but never got that far into it. But Tom was watching this channel called Greg's World where a father and his young son were just filming their daily life. Greg got his son into Lego which was the big interest for us to watch. They then started to play video games and then got into Minecraft. Tom wanted to try playing it, so we got him a tablet. Then Covid hit and we all started playing it at home together. I set up a realm server and we have been playing it ever since, continuing to build within that world.

I think it's one of those games where having others you know interested in it too helps. Especially if you live together. It also got my wife into playing it, as she really enjoyed the farming side of it.
    Last edited by Harrison; 23rd April 2023 at 09:53.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    <snip> It also got my wife into playing it, as she really enjoyed the farming side of it.
    Back in 1992, my Ex-Wife wanted a Market Garden thing happening in our Suburban Modern 4 Bedroom terrace town house....

The rear garden was about 50 feet long & faced due West, had huge trees overhanging from the bottom of a railway embankment. When we were upstairs looking out of the huge rear Double bedroom with a massive walk in wardrobe, the railway line was at eye level above the trees. Fantastic vantage point for watching the Great Western Castle Class (4-6-0) loco's steaming by on the Stonehouse/Swindon Branch line.

So with the following Christmas fast approaching, I suggested buying her a Rotavator for her Market Garden ideas. - She didn't want to play that one, so she/we never got into Farming!
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    H, my kids are mad on the minecraft videos on Youtube. It's a real stream of creativity and story telling, it's so engaging for them and yet i hate Hate HATE some of the channels (like Preston) but find some of the others merely a bit annoying (like Mikey and JJ, mostly due to the voices)

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of them are really annoying. Tom mostly watches Slogoman, Jelly and Crainer and I don't mind their videos. They also play a lot of other co-op games, and we have discovered quite a few such as Human Fall Flat through watching them.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!