Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tom got into his preferrred secondary school

Today they sent out the letters to let all parents known which Secondary school their children got into it. We were just able to access it online and it's great news. He got into the one he wanted.

You have to put down 3 schools in order of preference. The one we really wanted was the furthest away, and the one we really didn't want was the closest.

So he's got into the Felpham Community College. It felt the nicest when we visited with a lot of facilities and a nice atmosphere. It is the hardest to travel to compared to the other 2 (the closest is literally at the end of our road) but it's worth the difference.

One other bonus is there is a swimming pool next to the school and he loves swimming. And it's part of the same swimming group he belongs to so it will be free for him to use after school with his membership.

So that's great news.
    Last edited by Harrison; 14th March 2023 at 00:27.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sheeeit - I can still remember when I was choosing secondary schools. It really doesn't seem that long ago... but it was over 30 years ago now....

my oldest has just started year 4.... so it really is not far away from seeing it through a parent's eyes

Welp, I'm feeling old now.

Good for Tom though, and you guys - I'm pleased for you all.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was difficult. We had a similar issue with his Primary school. We had just moved house to a new area at the time and didn't know any of the local schools. In the end he started going to the school my wife teaches at, but after a couple of years we found it wasn't ideal as there was too much focus on him. So we moved him to a school close to our house which he had enjoyed.

With the secondary schools it was far more what he thought of those on offer. But we still had to make sure it felt right for him too. Hopefully he will be happy there.

It is scary thinking he's off to secondary school and will soon be a teenager.
    Last edited by Harrison; 15th March 2023 at 11:09.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It all passes by in a blink of an eye H....
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.