ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amiga game remakes on the PS

just recently I was able to get my hands on some PS remakes of Populous and Galaga.

I havent played Populous yet, but it looks good, well compared to old school populous where you didnt really have that much control....

But I played Galaga the other day....WOO! That was awesome!!! I love Deluxe Galaga because of the flying patterns and changing ships, it was sweet! This version does it justice. It allows you to play in different views, arcade style, side on and the behind view. The flying patterns are crazy, all over the shop, very hard to memorise and you cant save! Just like the original. :P Very nice indeed, so glad that I found it
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the version of Populous the 3D one? Where you are on a small 3D representation of the world and it rotates around as you navigate the world? If so I have that version and never liked it as much as the original two games. The structure and design of the game is completely different to the original and feels more like a prototype for Black and White than a sequel to Populous.

The original two Populous games are still firm favourites of mine and I beg to differ regarding the level of control you had within the game. You could alter land, attract and dictate what you wished the inhabitants to do, shape how they progressed, conquer neighbours, go to full out war. It had everything for an enjoyable and engrossing game.

As for Galaga, I've not tried the PS version. Who made it? I will have to hunt down a copy to see what it's like. I still find the original arcade version of Galaga more enjoyable than any remake or game based on it though. Thank god for MAME. Another good PSX shooter worth finding is R-Type Delta. A good final instalment in the series.

There have also been some great PS2 shooters in the past few years worth checking out. Raiden III is a recent release that is worth trying. And Gradius V is good.

But... why play all of these when there are so many great shooters on the Amiga still to play!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 3D Populous game was indeed not so good. I had the PC version, but was very disappointed. The older amiga versions were fun to play. It was something never seen before, I remember seeing it in a magazine, and then I couldn't wait for it to be released.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I'm not sure what Populous will be like....It looks like a crap version of Myth...

Galaga: Destination Earth is by Namco.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Populous the beginning? I had the PC version and it was OK but nothing special.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I still like the originals...it was the birth of AOE type clones