Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dice Men - The Origin story of Games Workshop.

20221110_102247.jpg

Dice Men - The Origin Story of Games Workshop

Written by the creators of Games Workshop, Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone.

Anyone into Role Playing Games will know these two names very well. I first got to know their names at school when the first Fighting Fantasy RPG book, The Warlock of Firetop Mountain came out in 1982. I was just 8 years old and this series of books helped me combat my dyslexia and made me want to read more and more.

I was hooked. I would go into the local book shop checking for the next books in the series. And then discovered their Games Workshop magazine White Dwarf. And thought that magazine the whole world of Role Playing Games, Table Top Wargames and lead figures.

Then I find a hobby shop in Southampton that stocked some kead figures and box sets for ROGs and table top games from both Games Workshop and other makers. I was addicted, and still am. Although I don't have time for actual tabletop battles any more (although Top is getting interested).

This book, written by Steve and Ian, explores where it all started. It details their love of gaming and where it all started. Their ideas and how it developed. There are loads of photos and images showing locations, events, how they designed games etc. This is a coffee table sized book, but a novel.

Well worth taking a look of you have an interest in Games Workshop and RPGs.

I backed this book on a Kickstarter and it finally arrived today. A lovely signed copy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!