Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Amazing Spider-Man

I've always been a big fan of Spider-Man, but when The Amazing Spider-Man originally came out in 2012 I didn't like it much. Just didn't take to Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker.

But I've just rewatched the film and now think it's one of the best Spider-Man films to date. Why the complete change of mind? Maybe because I've not watched it for years I'd forgotten a lot of the film. And I've got a bit bored of the formulaic superhero films that Marvel keep turning out where every hero is gadget laiden, even the latest Spider-Man has a tech filled outfit with built in Ai. And the films rely on ultra high tech violence and extreme I've thy top scenes all the way through the films.

This 2012 film ignores all of that. His suit is just a suit. No gimmicks. The only tech he has are the two web slingers. Even the main baddy, The Lizard, is just that, a giant Lizard transformed from Dr Connors. It's pure Spider-Man from the comics.

I'm now thinking this is one of my favourite Spider-Man films. Plus a young Emma Stone is very cute.

What did you originally think of this film?

Have you changed your mind about a film after some time?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I originally thought it was pretty decent. I preferred the Tobey Maguire spidey films but thought Garfield was pretty decent and managed to the the charmingly awkward and quippy jokey style quite well.

I felt a lot of the criticism seemed a bit overly harsh as it was a pretty good film. I didn't love it but certainly didn't hate it. I didn't care much for the 'Peter's parents and oscorp' subplot.

I felt Garfield deserved a third movie to complete 'his' trilogy.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never minded it, but like you I preferred Tobey at the time. But watching it again it felt like a more raw peeled back take on the character. Far more realistic in terms of what would happen. He definitely deserved a 3rd film.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!