The company 8BitDo have released another new controller called the Ultimate controller.

61dpejrmW9L._AC_SX466_.jpg

https://www.8bitdo.com/ultimate-bluetooth-controller/

It comes in 3 models. A wired USB model and 2 different wireless models that are black or white.

The wired model is compatable with Windows, Android, Rasperry Pi and Switch.

Both the wireless controllers come with their own charging dock and a USB 2.4GHz dongle stored in the dock to connect them to a device if that device doesn't have the connectivity built in.

The cheaper white model is a wireless 2.4GHz model that can switch between X and D modes. And is compatible with Windows, Rasperry Pi and Android.

The more expensive black model has both wireless 2.4Ghz and bluetooth built in so supports more hardware. This one will work with a Nintendo switch and even supports motion controls. It's compatible with Windows, Android, Rasperry Pi and Switch. But it doesn't have D input, only X input, unlike the cheaper model so might not work on all Bluetooth devices so you would need to use thr included dongle.

But this most expensive model is also using a new type of analogue stick called Hall-Effect magnetic, which is more accurate and removed any deadzone issues.

I'm not currently interested in buying either of those as Im happy with their last model released, the Pro 2. In also a bit confused between the 2 models of this Ultimate controller and which to buy. From this video below he says the 2.4 GHz white model has D/X switching for better Android compatibility, whereas you might need to use the dongle for thr black version because not all devices will support the singke mode the black controller offers. But he shows the black controller working fine in Android and realistically I would just use bluetooth anyway. People say it introduces lag, but I've never really noticed it with Bluetooth.